UH OH

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2007/04/12/ont-street-racing.html

No more highway runs :mad:

No more :drivin :drivin :drivin :drivin

Crap

thats some pretty g** shit right there… wow… they also increased the fines …greedy bastards!

Saw it on CityTV news today. Complete bullshit…

Even under the suspicion of street racing, they can take away your license and impound your car. Basically same kind of bullshit as me getting the careless ticket for going 80 on 60 with my friend who drives same car.

The government is totally going the wrong direction with this, 35 deaths in 8 years isn’t much. There’s probably more death from people getting brain damage from talking on cell phone than what street racing kills.

Fck the government, Fck cops. I’m just gonna build my car to be stupid fast and outrun them! fukking piss me off

Yea, this is ****edup. They can impound ur car for suspsicion no point for good looking/ fast cars anymore :{ :{ :{

pretty sure they’ll give you a warning …depends on your record though…
still sucks…

warning? i don’t think so…I’ve seen this on the news 2day…sucks!!!
cops will give you ticket as soon as they think that they’re right.
i have court for drifting in May and i have a feeling that they won’t let me go with a warning.:S

**** that shit… thats violation of the charter of rights! mother ers… they cant arrest you on the basis of suspicion thats like the same as ATA… just cause they think you were doesnt mean jack! motherers need to get a ****ing life… You dont even have to be street racing… you can just be driving fast and they’ll **** you up for it…

this is bullshit…

and there are no ****ing warnings… if they say something about street racing then you’re going to be ****ed… warnings are for liek speeding and like ****ed up cars.

i saw a couple of pics where cars were getting crushed :# :#, i agree that street racing/ reckless driving is bad but i think that they are going overboard impounding cars that look/sound nice waste of time and money
:{

I agree with you entirely bountywolf that street racing isnt exactly an angel’s activity… And i admit that i have been one of those damn ricing fags smoking down hwy7 against a honda at one point earlier in my driving life (not that long ago)… but honestly, this is taking it overboard. As i said early, this kind of bill is similar to ATA which got shot down a couple months ago… we need to fight this shit some way… Or else very many young teenagers are going to have their lives ****e dup by this definite violation of the Charter.

P.S. i dont rice anymore… i think its juvenile dangerous and just downright moronic…

same here…no more playin’ around…:{

It’s just a photo opt for the politicians, it’s an election year. The Bill won’t likely get passed as once they call an election all Bills on the table get thrown out. With all Bills in an election year, it won’t get passed 3rd reading or close to Royal Assent, so this is just typical cops and politicians just playing lip service instead of doing what they are paid to do and that is to serve the people, not spin it for their own personal gains…

On a side note, did ya join OMVOC yet? We can stop this type of stuff, but we need you guys to get behind us!!!

Thanks!

Jeff

In the news i see they say “…The bill would also increase fines for street racers by up to $10,000, making it the highest penalty for street racing …” this shows me that they have a bill for street racers and it not working. Maybe they need to look at it from a different point of view. I am from Trinidad (in the caribbean), what the police do over there is they let the street racers race for an hr every Saturday around midnight. Maybe instead of trying to “punish” the racer, they should try to control them. This method works well in Trinidad. You dont hear of accidents and all that crap that you would hear of up here.

for anyone on this site that is from Trini you know what i am talking about (11:30-12:30am at San Do bypass, fire them up :smiley: )

$10 000? it just looks like more of an incentive to run from the police. and how many people have been killed in the last 8 years from that?? more then 35…

It may be a strategy to make the government to look like they’re doing something for election. However, a thing to keep in mind is that it STILL gives the cops a lot of power to abuse, so it’s something that affects us at a greater level than just politicians TRYING to solve street racing. What makes me most worried is that with this given power, cops will go on power trip and abuse it especially with some of the corrupted ones around here that can be a real asshat.

Jeff, I totally forgot about joining OMVOC, how do I join again?

Great incentive too, me and my friend actually thought about it. Once a cop sees you rip it from a redlight even by yourself, you have two options. Run. Or $10,000 fine. Pretty biased and unethical.

Another thing to keep in mind for the deaths in street racing is that most of it, are stupid punk teenagers in their mom’s minivan or luxury cars. Not modified or Sports cars.

I’ve personally see an accident scene that resulted of street racing. It was pretty fatal, and completely retarded. BMW 3-Series Cabriolet vs. Honda Civic. Happened right outside my mom’s office on Finch/Midland. Said to be going about 160km/h in broad daylight traffic. When I saw the cars, I had problems recognizing. But that’s only ONE in probably the past 5 years. I’ve seen more dying from idiots running red.