stroker kit advice

anyone here have any real world experience with gm 383 stroker kits? i have an older 350 (1982) that i am looking to rebuild/build. i am also looking down other avenues (ls1 swap) but want to have all thoughts in mind at decision time.

thanks in advance,
tommy

Summit has a few kits… I think they are 900$ a friend at work told Me about them.

I guess you don’t even need to notch the block, that would save you some cash in the end. Make sure you get a 4 bolt main too.

If you do it the old fashion way the machine work alone + balancing of the rotating assembly and all that jazz is on.average 1500$

just looking for real world experience and advice, thanks though :slight_smile:

You might look into a GM 5.3/6.0l swap you can get a lot of power out of them and most LSx parts are interchangeable.

LSx swap, anything less will = regret

if your current bottom end is good to go (except maybe bearings) stick with it. i had 7k in my 355(~500 crank hp, aluminum headed full roller). for the money you can do a newer motor and have even more power. i didnt realize it when i was building that for the same money i couldve boosted a 6.0l lsx and had even more power.

I know where this is going, about fucking time…:bigtup:

X…

its been a while since i have even registered it lol and yes it is about fucking time :slight_smile: