Strong gasoline smell!

Hey guys,
-status- in process of certifying and etest, insuring, plating.
Going for my emissions and safety test soon. wish me luck! just wondering though, i start my car let and let it run, when i exit the car i smell gasoline…its REALLY strong! kinda like a go-kart. it doesnt matter if im in the garage or out on the driveway when i get out. what could be the problem? i know when you got a faulty cat it smells like rotten eggs, but thats not the smell. AND i dont smell it while im in the car.
Is a hole in the frame rail an automatic fail for safety?
Gave my car its first full tank, had to fill those red containers and bring them home to fill up the 240. cost me roughly $55. used a bottle of “guaranteed to pass”. how many kms is a good range for the tank? thanks in advance!

fuel leak somewhere, check your injectors and around your gas tank, especially the hoses/lines coming off the sending unit.

yes it will fail for a hole in the frame.

400-700km a tank seems to be average depending on if you doing city or highway driving.

could also be the vapour line from the tank to the charcoal canister… if it was a liquid leak i would think you’d smell it in the car for sure, every time i’ve had raw fuel leaking it’s been VERY obvious from inside and out.

^^yeah my car had no leaks anywhere when i first got it but the charcoal canister itself wasn’t connected properly so fumes were coming out on the FR DS near your air filter.

from then on i could sort of control the smell a bit by venting the gas tank vapours during fill and not keeping the gas cap on as tight…until i got rid of all that one day.

ill def check the charcoal canister, sry for the noobness but where is it exactly? lol. thanks.

it’s the black cylinder on the drivers side of the rad.