gas leak

there is a gas leak of fumes all the time coming inside my s14 causing me and anyone else that gets in my car to feel dizzy and having headaches. please tell me what could be causing this because my mechanic is saying that just how this car is i don’t think everyone s14 dose the same thing. i need to get this fixed first before i decide to spend anymore money on it.

there is a gasket on the fuel tank where the pump goes in, you have to remove your rear seats to access it. that could be the problem.

that sounds like a good place to start because when i take down my rear seats to aces my amp and subs the smell is much stronger just like your at the gas pump

Chris is on the right track.

If your not leaking gas. Its either the sending unit or a purge/vapor line.

S14’s SU’s are plastic aren’t they?

Prob the seal or like you said the lines…

I am not sure about the tanks being plastic. But I seriously doubt the SU are plastic. Either way. Could be the seal. Even the SU cracked. I have a hunch its a purge line.

Mine smells like fuel when its cold out, cannot find leaks anywhere. If you ever find out what it is report it here. I can only smell it while the engine is cold (first thing in am) and only when stopped.

sending unit is plastic…

there are 2 seals, 1 on access panel, 1 around the sending unit, which threads on.

I used a soft mallet and a screw driver to start my SU turning, I placed the handle on the grips and tappa tappa with the mallet

Sorry to thread jack, but if that seal above the fuel sending unit is leaking minor amounts of air under pressure, will that cause one to fail an emission test?

when i put the windows down it becomes very strong, i put a reader to test the air for gas and it was flashing witch means dangerous air reading for gas.

That’s because of the vaccum created by the windows down. It has to be coming from your trunk area. Either tail light seals, a hole in your trunk floor or the Sending Unit.