stupid question about exhaust cutouts/dumps

If you do cams and rockers, yes, then your exhaust becomes the main restriction. As it is right now, no, you don’t.

Headers and hi flo cat will make a huge difference.

Ricer.

i am getting a cam, lifers and rockers over the winter.

His truck is very quite. It has something like 1-7/8 exhaust pipes going into a 2.5 at the rear. Super restrictive for 360 cubes. I have told him a bunch of times that exhaust would really wake that thing up. Headers, to a full 3 inch true dual would sound very nice too. The exhaust you have now is way to restrictive. Cut-Outs would just be dancing around the problem.

i think dumps are gay, just build a real exhaust, with a manly muffler.

if ur talking 1 7/8s primaries, thats actually rather large. (not too large, just right).

my exhaust goes as follows: shorty headers (no clue what diameter they are) --> 1 7/8" pipe off each header --> cat --> 2 1/2" pipe to Magnaflow Magnapack --> 2 1/2" Y-pipe --> 2 1/2" tails

over winter i am getting a peice that Magnaflow makes that is 2 1/2" downpipes into a high flow cat.

yea but im guessin that u have 2 kind of tunes, one for the cut out and one for when its closed

if your 02 sensors are after the cats, then put the cutout anywhere behind those

just dont let this kid do any e cutouts, or u might not have an exaust system anymore

no…