Stupid sqeeling question

Yeah this is a really dumb question,

What in the car can squeel in the engine bay?

For me it started only after I went over 3000rpm but it has stedily gotten worse, appearing at the 2500rmp range now.

It’s not the belts because they were just changed and I have made sure they are not lose. (For people that may be thinking that). :wink:

Suspisions:

1. The power steering pump. Why? Because mine is running dry. Once again, stupid on my part but I don’t have a Hicas line to replace the damaged one yet and it leaks BAD!

2. Fan clutch… is there such a thing and has anyone had experience with it causing a sqeek?

3. (Really doubtfull) Alternator?

Oh and there is no A/C so I guess it can’t be from there :smiley:

Sounds like a belt man.

Its the only think I know to squeel under the engine bay
unless your frying some ham on your valve cover :wink:

New belts can queek too, the mechanic may have had dirty hands
when installing them and got greese on them.

sounds like a belt to me too. especially if they are new. once new belts are put on, they tend to stretch and cause a squeeking sound.

i had a squealing with my KA, it was the stupid clutch fan
I just took it off, put it back on tighter. went away

Well another reason why I don’t think it is the belt is before I changed to new belts there was the same problem. I really don’t think it can be twice that happens.

Honestly it’s something else!

unbolt the clutch fan, see if it squeals with it out.

Why don’t you just have someone rev the engine while your standing over it with the hood open?

Or if it doesn’t happen then … what conditions DOES it happen under? I knew when my water pump was on it’s way out if I started the car and reved it right away it would cause the belt to squeal because the pump would be semi-frozen …

It sounds like a belt to me too, the could just need some spraying. Spray some lubricating oil on them and it should go away.

???
:shock: