Subaru Outback for Jetta TDI?

I am contemplating trading my 2001 Subaru Outback wagon in for a 2002 Jetta TDI. The ones I have seen are around 16k with 55k miles. My Subaru has 80k miles. The gas saving is around $800 a year over the Subaru. What does everyone think? I am paying $225 a month for the Subaru, it will probably go up more but that all depends on how much I get for the Subaru. What does everyone think?

:tup:

TDI resale is retardedly high, VWs make nice DD, just look in to the timingbelt, I think they have to be done at 80k?

someones been hanging around w/tommy to much.

depends on how much commuting you do.

bring that outback out to a RallyX. and you might change your mind. about a FWD.

Jetta TDI

Practical, comfortable and pleasant to drive, diesel-powered

I’d say take it

I’ve got my car to have fun with (if it ever gets done) so this is purely for a DD to keep reliable. The lack of AWD is the only crappy part but if I can drop 30k miles and have save money on gas, I am going to be happier.

i’m with everyone else…eems like a damn good trade IMO…

i also say go for it :tup:

just get a civic and get like 35 mpg instead of 45

i’d do it.

I got off the phone with my credit union, if I can get 9k for a trade in on the Subaru, for 60 months on 19.2k (difference on what I owe + 16k + tax) I am looking at around $364 a month which is doable. Again, that is about as much as I would pay but doable none the less.

Buy a beater save tons of cash

i second a reliable beater…no car payment is king

Reliable transportation > Cheap-ass beater. I’d rather drive in something comfortable that I know is going to start in the morning rather than having something without heat or is going to need a portable carboard oil drip catcher.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=195109785&dealer_id=57378374&car_year=2000&model=GOLF&bkms=1137094633109&make2=sel_one&lang=en&isp=y&start_year=1999&engine=&certified=&fuel=Diesel&search_type=both&distance=200&make=VOLKS&color=&min_price=&body_style=HATCH&drive=&max_mileage=&address=14203&advanced=y&end_year=2006&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=58

I know it’s big ghey Automagic but it’s 12k with only 20k miles!!

do it up

Your wagon is always full of parts, tools, etc. so it seems you’re using the wagon aspect of the current car. AWD is great in the winter, which is when you’d be driving this car mainly. I dunno man it’s a tough call because it sounds like you’d end up paying a lot more for the TDI despite the gas savings.

Since this is your daily driver, if making this switch doesn’t save you money I wouldn’t do it.

i am going to be getting a wagon… fuel will never go back down( just like tax’s ) and with these winters in buffalo are getting “warmer” every year. so need for awd

southern road trip?

I am leaning that way man. I first have to find a car to buy so I’ve got some time to be picky. Southern Road Trip it is!

trade in the subie, buy something outright for 9k or whatever you trade is. you can get alot for 9k nowadays. especially domestic. And run that for a long time. 02 Grand prix GTP is only like 12k with 40 k miles. soooo domestics may be the way to go yo

do it :tup: the tdi will be much nicer than the subie and gas mileage rules, im looking to pick up another civic cuz i miss the 40 mpg

Golf TDI with 20K, buy that shit

you and dozer can be diesel buddies

I think i might head south this summer and buy a 90s sedan for a DD.