Subaru RWD coupe will be sold worldwide

That thing is sexy as hell. Maybe I’ll buy my first brand new car in 2011. Hahaha.

kinda neat… I don’t see this as new or exciting though

Because there are so many small, affordable and quick RWD cars running around?

Honestly, what’s out there for under 20k (in 2011 dollars no less) with 220 HP, a real manual, RWD that is less than 2900lbs?

V6 Mustang? Nope, too heavy.
Base Miata/Solstice? Nope, not that much HP. Couldn’t get one under 20k anyway.
370Z? Way more than 20k. Heavier than 3k too.
Honestly, I can’t think of ONE car, so I guess it is new and exciting.

Plus Subaru hasn’t produced a coupe in like, 7 years.

sounds like an s2000 competitor for 10k less.

no brainer eh?

let’s put some alcantara in for the old guys like me and see if i like it then

except for every 2wd porsche out there. Ha!

this car looks way fun!

hahaha toyota and subaru must have said shit, look what Hyundai is doing we better do the same and make sure it looks just like it!!! AND ASAP!!! But why not turbo, thats all subaru’s boxters are good at?

looks like a Lexus IS250

I’ll trade in my car on that when the time comes.

given the reduction in load on the engine, this should increase fuel economy, and a high HP RWD car that weighs under 3k… Id consider trading in my current beast. Its got a little bit more power but A LOT more weight. a good turbo setup on that would kick some mighty fine ass.

:picard:

Fucking AWESOME formula and target.

I like where this is heading…

Nice thing is any subaru turbo setup should bolt right onto that thing. Imagine a Td04 on a high compression block at like 7lbs… mmmmmm

Hopefully this thing really does go into production :tup:

hasn’t subaru’s claim to fame and main advertising scheme for the past XX years been that every vehicle is AWD?

all good things come to an end, right?

Here is a good formula, if they came out with this with an sti motor, and rwd.

Take # of kids who wrecked an sti as X
And # of kids under 21 who buy this as Y

XY3.75= number of these ending up in a ditch.
:lol:

That’s not all that makes them great though, however it is one of their bigger marketing campaigns. Also, aside from Porsche, who else makes all flat engines? They certainly break the mold of the typical Japanese car manufacterers.

I REALLY look forward to this new car.

regardless. They are using powertrain parts that have a long record of reliability and success. No reason not to expand on a good thing. The market is obviously there.

count me in…that thing looks tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiits! its still 3 years away from being released maybe those crazy japanese folk will say “eh whya not boost da boxsta engine! berry good powa!” if they end up being turblow’d…that WILL be my next new car