Subaru's STI Going Down Hill?

Yeah, I’m pretty sure that thats where I read it too. Its not a dumb idea, and I imagine they are expecting exactly the response they’re getting on it. They need to work on their brand perception (like Mitsu) and eventually they’ll be able to build something more geared towards the younger/enthusiast crowd.

Really I wish that a company would come out with a cheap, base vehicle that would sell well because it appeals to all new car owners (20ish year olds) but can be modded easily to become an enthusiast vehicle. It seems like a no brainer. Thats essentially what the whole Muscle car deal was back in the day, cheap cars that could made fast while they were new and people could afford them.

I honestly wouldn’t care if they had an SST tranny on every single model as an option, what bothers me is that they are replacing manuals with them. They should have both.

By the way, from what I gathered from talking to the Mitsubishi people at the Auto Show, the RalliArt will ONLY have an SST tranny. What the fuck is that?

Yeah the 22B is awsome late 90’s are best looking ones…i dont mind the 05’s either …love to own one from the 90’s…these new ones just suck looks wise what are they thinking…ide imagine they drive good though…i had my friends legasy out it was pretty awsome to drive so i can only imagine the WRX.

Old Subi is Like Michael Jackson and new one is like Tito… and the evo is like don corleone lolol

They pass E just fine :wink: It has a bit to do with the fact that almost no testing facility has an AWD setup, but hey, I’m not complaining :smiley:

HAHA… yes the 4G63 is definitly old… it was designed in the 80s lol… but it worked sooo well and has soo much potential… I guess time will tell when people mod these things and see what the real potential would be…

i was only saying that about the new 4b11 because its not even a iron block… its now a all aluminum engine… Just reminds me of honda haha thats all… heres where all the SR guys are gonna chyme in haha… the sr Is a good engine… but it was designed to be more cost effective then the CA to produce… some say its better some say the CA is better…but any ways back to the MITSU Ive heard from different people that the new engine is not as great… But thats just what I heard… I could be wrong… time will tell… wonder if it will hold more then double its crank hP at the wheels???

i dont want to get it in to it because im the last person that should be debating engine technology…

but…

WHAT IN THE HELL kind of a comment is that? i mean seriously… “its not even an iron block” - you make it sound like iron blocks are the new wave of technology and that all aluminum is some sort of disadvantage.

new, technology packed engines are aluminun for good reason - not because its cheaper or worse in some way.

Every generation (except one hydrid oddball from some truck i think) of the LSx is aluminum and it’s considered (by most) the most desireable platform in the world than any other motor out there.

Trust me when I say that if Honda was doing this first, they were ahead of the game, not behind it. (I have no idea if honda even makes an aluminum block… i don’t follow these things… I’m just going on your comment about honda above)

OOO i know… for sure what u mean… JUst looking at it right now… Iknow for a fact in 5 years ill look at the evo and be like wow that engine is great… But im just saying that because aluminum doesent have the strength as a Iron block… honda is a bad example but you boost one of those… chances are your going to break a sleeve… I know they arnt supposted to be boosted… all Im trying to say is that that Iron blocks In the past have had a tendency of being stronger… thats all lol…

Im sure the new aluminum engine is great… and in 5 years ill be eating my words lol but thats just wat think abotu the new engine at this moment… prolly cause it hasnt proven its self yet…

maybe you’re right and honda is a bad example, i don’t have much experience with those.

but consider that our beloved SR20 is an aluminum block and people boost the living shit out of those.

the LSx I mentioned is aluminum and people boost those to hell also and make like 1500hp and then drive around on the street like nothing is wrong. :slight_smile:

Haha…yeah Im not talking about the rollers, Im talking about real world emissions that the manufacturers have to meet.

And for the record, Honda blocks can handle plenty of boost you just have to change the pistons and rods. Their high CR is what makes them unworthy for high boost but that should be obvious.

This thread needs this photo again. This car is absolutely gorgeous!

^^ man, stop doing that … i want it so bad :frowning:

i love this car.

saw it at dunnville a couple of times… he was out there on winter tires kicking everyones ass

no matter what we say about it, I’m sure it will sell, yes it’s fugly, but it’s fast and has Subaru’s name to back that up. i think a few ppl will shy away from the evo b/c of the no real manual. half the fun of stick, is having a stick to throw around. if i wanted to use buttons to shift, I’d play forza2 or gt5 demo(can’t wait for the whole game April 17Th. ps3 only for those suckers who bought a 360!!!)

if they made a new s13 I’m sure it would handle just fine. b/c it’s new doesn’t mean it’ll handle like crap. they can use the same tech they used on it before, just upgrade it, I’m sure they could duplicate the old body with a newer body style, maybe more aggressive looking, offer different motor (ka-t sr rb) tranny 5 or 6(real manual no shitty paddle shifting), vlsd, change up the interior.

which handles better, s13 or s14?(u have to had owned both to answer that ?) to clarify both cars stock, and then both car with coil overs which handles better? I’m not gonna say s13 b/c i have never driven a s14, or even been in one!! it looks bigger, does the s14 weight more then a s13? either way, i think they would do a good job with it as long as they kept the price down, they is already a whole market of parts for sr rb, if they use the same setup parts should be interchangeable(susp brakes steering etc). they could do, and would have a huge market for it, tons of ppl would buy it, look at the name 240 has for it’s self already. I’ve had tons of Honda guys ask me to buy my car, it’s the car they wanted, but couldn’t get, settled with a hatch civic(93) i think a lot of ppl would buy one, and it would be a hell of a car.

a lot of these new cars are going to shit. the Toyota FJ… i don’t even need to rag on how fugly it is b/c it’s so fugly. the new CTS looks fucking awesome! at least some of them are getting better!!

Pete im envious at how patient you are with these clowns

Thanks bud
you want it?
$18k

no thats not jdm, thats just some artist impression/ concept.
the jdm one looks pretty much the same as the NA sti… i think
there are a few minor differences but thats it.