Subframe spacer install question

When installing the subframe spacers there were two secondary brackets which were very flimsy connected between the underbody and the subframe. Removing these flimsy brackets resulted in one bolt being stripped due to rust. Just wondering how important these little brackets are and if i need to even worry about them.

The subframe is still held on by all the major points.

They help stop the subframe from twisting under the car.

Which did you strip?? the one that went into the bracket or the floor.

If it is the bracket just use a new bolt and nut on top.

If it is the other one get out a tap and tap the hole bigger.

These mounts help the subframe to not flex laterally as much. If you were installing solid subframe bushings (like i just did) they arent needed as much, but in your case (im assuming you got the slotted ones) you probably want to try to make it work because you’ve still got your fluid filled flexible bushings. Its not hard to take one of the good bolts in to canadian tire and get a new one…i would personally do that. Its not gonna kill your car or anything, but its not a “great” idea to run the car hard without these braces.

Werd. Dont worry about them since you intalling the spacers.

Haha, re-read my post…lol. I wouldnt worry about it with the solid bushings, but with only the spacers i would definately recomend using them. This is because you still get flex with the slotted collars, the solid bushings…no way…lol. :lol: Although I am installing them back on my car even with the solid bushings.