Somthing is Seriously Screwed with my Subframe (Pics)

So im trying to install my SPL parts aluminum subframe spacers and i do the passanger side no problem, on to the drivers side, and the front subframe mount wont drop down enough for me to slide the spacer in

so i look at it and the actual bolt on the end of the peg is connected to the rubber bushing but the passanger side is fine!

As you can see in this pic this is the passanger side which is fine and has a rubber ring and has a bolt that drops threw the ring

on the drivers side the bolt is actually connected solidly to the bushing not allowing the subframe to drop!!
what the hell is going on guy!!

will it affect my performance if i only use the bottom half of the spacers for the front mount the back is fine and the passanger!

please help

Come on Guy…

This shouldn’t have even had to be asked…

Take a pry bar and pry the fcuker off.

It honestly saddens me when people ask questions like this.

If you are going to work on your own car your going
to have to learn how to problem solve issues like this.

This is something with 5min of thought could have been solved.

i love you adam :oops:

I know you do dude but use your head when encountering problems like this.

Your a smart guy… (I think?)

If the pry bar your using isn’t working out use a bigger one…

Go out and buy/rent/borow an air chissle if all else fails.

what about the hammer…i start with a hammer…then go to prybar

He’s tried Hammer and Small Pry Bar (~18")

He needs to come to my house and get Big Blue (60" Crow Bar) :wink:

heat… heat the ring/bushing until you think the rubber going to smoke… then spray some reallly good penetrating fluid on the gap, a few times over the next 15 min. walk away from it for a few hrs to a day… come back, slip a pickle fork in between the the frame and subframe … a couple of good walk around tugs and it will come off, it’s simply jammed from the expansion of the metal oxide… wedged .if you prefer.

Heat then Lube don’t mix…

The Hot Metal will just boil away the spray on prenatrating lube…

they did last night baby :love:

they did last night baby :love:[/quote]

Yeah eh… I guess you herd me and your mom going at it again…

Sorry dude :wink:

If it’s applied liberally, and then the bolt in contacted with a hammer a few times, it doesn’t burn away, and it works just fine…

Sometimes the expansion and contraction alone caused by the heat is enough to break the seal created by the corrosion…

as stated , the self penetrationg oil ( not lube , becuse it’s not ), does two things , first it does cool the bolt causing it to ‘shrink’ , second, it also causes the stud/bolt when spraying over a period of time, to work with the heat to draw it up faster into the seized area. Penetrating lube does penetrate deeper and faster on heated objects…

no applying (‘yor mama’ jokes to the above )

Sounds like me and your sister last night.

Giggity giggity.

… just earned yourself a shot in the head… smart ass

ya the problem was solved, basically what is is was this,

if you look inside the subframe spacer in the middle you will see there is a metal washer thats is welded to that bracket thing, well it was fused to the bolt, so im going to take a dremil and a cutoff wheel and cut it out

thanks for the help boys! :wink: