Subframe Support Brace

I just cam across this item (link below), and im curious as to anyone actually replace the oem one on there vehicle with something more robust?
Any point to upgrading this piece? Pros, Cons?
Pointless if you have sold bushings?

http://rpsport.net/product/

ive got one when they just first released… never bothered to install it though since i didnt have the stock brace and u need a part of it… i have solid subframe bushings and junked the stock brace piecesas one of the studs snapped… eh… but that subframe brace is necessary for fore/aft movement and well ill put it back when i get the chance and install the brace.

Those that installed it with rubber bushings reported awesome results… no one reported with subframe bushing results but whatever. It’s like 50 bux for a template drawn metal piece basically…

i`ve got a megan one adjustable and have had them before there is a little bit more ridigity when cornering

I could see possible pros to the situation, but not for 50.00 lol. For the size that peice is, you could find that in some machine shops scrap pile, and drill 2 holes on it. Not bashing the part, but for the price? come on!:/:

o those things haha im gonna start making those

This again? This was covered last year I think.

IMO they are useless. 2 bolts are gonna give you more “strength” on something that can turn or pivot??? Please

Then again, It’s only 50 bucks. Do it. Report back.

Fuck get the dimensions and info on it give me $40 and ill make you it…

Yeah anybody can make it honestly lol… lets does buzinezzzzzz

thanks guys. I would never buy it, and im sure most if not all of yous would fab one up just like I will probably do today.

When i get around to making it, il post up dimensions

Measurements

7.5" from center of hole to hole
8.5" long
1" wide

Note a 2" wide piece may hit the frame rail.

The idea of these braces is to put the stud into double shear so that the loading from the subframe isn’t all put through the top of the stud, it is also supported from moving in any direction from the bottom braces!

The factory pieces look lighter and stiffer than that slab of aluminum!

it just replaces a more flimsy piece of metal

and i dont think they will do much considering they are held in with 2 10mm bolts

plus if you have solid bushings these are really useless