Suggestions for a good summer car

I think you should buy wayne’s cobra or a cobra if practicality is not a concern. They have the cheap feel of most american cars and the turning radius of a bus, but damn do those things move out for the money!

Jon, just suck it up and get a swapped e30.

These are probably the ideas I have liked the most so far.

What do you think of a 99 996 c2? A couple are out there for under $20k but have almost 100k miles on them.

IS300/S2K would be my picks.

05 Subaru LGT. That’s just my choice though.

What about a 350z?

I have driven IS300 (is250 etc.) and they lack character and have no performance feel to them in stock trim. Lexus does a lot of things very well (quiet car, comfort, audio), but miss the boat on sports cars.

s2k could be good, they are pretty raw and fun to drive. Are they as reliable as the rest of the Honda lineup?

I’m into that with a massive turbo and zinging it around limerock.

I like this idea, I’m going to do some searching and see what’s out there. I don’t know the Nissan market very well.

04 Denali sinc you seem interested lol

c6 z06

Yes, S2K’s are very reliable. Just get one that was maintained well.

yes pls

Wow, cannot believe that no one has mentioned C5 Corvette…

Cus they dumpy… :rofl

joking…

Resto-Mod S30 Datsun Z. You can get em LS1 swapped, VQ swapped, SR20 swapped, VG swapped, etc. Will take work to maintain, but you’ll have a blast driving it.

old miata with some sort of better motor swap.
mad fun

www.my350z.com is a great site, there’s plenty of decent cars for sale too to get your bearings of what they’re worth. You could get a clean PowerLab GT35R car for <20k if that’s what you’re interested in, or a clean average miles '03 for low-mid teens.

Quoted for troof. Only drop an RB series engine in it. It’ll fly like the wind.

Their variant of M96 motors have issues. RMS issues, intermediate shaft bearing issues. Cylinders like to d-chunk. To fix first two requires engine removal. Not fixing, or at least checking to see if bad, can result in needing ~8K engine core + labor to swap. D-chunking is possible on any M96 motor other than M96.7(GT2/3, Turbo), and common enough in the earlier year cars that alot of them were replaced with new factory cores.

If shopping for one, seriously inquire about service work to check RMS/INT bearing. Ask for receipts. Int bearings should be replaced regardless with the LN Engineering kit(I know Rick, good stuff). Just have to remove engine to do it(does not need to be torn apart)

You have been informed on the M96 woes :tongue

Otherwise a very good car.

968 are alot of fun. Good torque from the 3.0 four banger, six speed a good gearbox too. Can be made into a serious barn burner with some money. Google 968 Firehawk, or 968 RS/RS Turbo(one of the most rare P-cars ever). I’m always looking out for a lapis blue or cobalt blue on grey '94…

saved it for you son :smiley: