Suggestions for Good place to eat in Syracuse

As the title says, I’m looking for a nice place to eat in Syracuse. It’s for an anniversary with the girlfriend. Anybody have any recommendations for a nice place to eat? Thanks in advance!

Pastabilities is a good place to bring a gf. It is in Amory Square.

How fancy?

Dinosaur BBQ would be my first choice if you’re not looking for a fancy place… mmmmmm

^^Dino BBQ was what I thought of when I read the topic…

3rd… but for an anniversary some biker may beat you up and take your woman…

Haha believe me Dinosaur would be my choice too but for anniversary something a little more upscale would be nice. I’ll look into pastabilities. Keep’em coming.

If this thread doesn’t tank I’m going to be bookmarking it. My new job’s going to be having me spending a lot of time in Syracuse this year, eating on Praxair’s dime. :karter: Dinosaur or SU college restaurants are about the only place I’ve gone when I’m out there for work.

Got some suggestions from some co-workers for Rico’s Ristorante and Spaghetti Warehouse. Anyone else have input on these or other places?

Rico’s is very good and the warehouse has good food. I like Justin’s Grill and it’s right off of the Thruway. Has good food and is “upscale”.If you like places like Din- BBQ, the Limp Lizard has really good food and a great beer selection. Scotch and Sirloin on Erie Blvd is another great place. Looks ehh from the outside but it is pimp in the inside. Old school firepit in the middle and a great wine selection.

Thanks, I’ll look into Justin’s Grill. We’ve been to another Scotch and Sirloin locally.

Warehouse is overpriced and pretty much a big olive garden with better food. I wouldn’t consider Justin’s to be upscale but it is a good place to eat. My Gf likes Delmonico’s Steakhouse which is also on Erie Blvd.

http://www.empirebrew.com/ Empire brewing company brews own beer and food is GREAT they use mostly fresh local stuff

If you go to Delmonico’s, make sure you don’t have anything nice in your car. It will be all gone when you come out.

When I go to our main office, for lunch I love going to Brooklyn Pickle. Its like Panera x 10000000000 and 1/2 the price.

Dinner has always been Dinosaur of a couple places in the area where the college bars are. Forgot the name…fuck… one was really nice, had a great selection of beer and wine, and food was pretty good.

Empire Brewing Company is a great option. Also consider Lemongrass, it’s pretty upscale, you can get regular continental food and Thai food as well. They have INCREDIBLE desserts. Across Salina from Armory Square is The Mission, which is a pretty decent Mexican/Southwestern restaurant with really good entrees.

Pastabilities is supposed to be good, but I’ve never been, since I’m not a big fan of pasta.

Obviously, like has been said, if you weren’t into the fancier restaurants, Dinosaur BBQ would be good, Lonnie’s Goodfellas is good for a slice of pizza, and Clark’s Ale House has GREAT roast beef sandwiches.

In the middle is Kitty Hoynes, an Irish pub with very good food (things like Shepherd’s Pie, etc.). I’d definitely consider it classy enough, and it has a nice pub atmosphere.

Anything in Little Italy is great too. It’s right north of the city on salina st.