Summer START @ Dunnville Review / Pic's / Vid's / Thank You Thread!

Re: brake pads/fluids: Read Moffitts post, I agree with that. First Dunnville day I was on stock pads and stock fluid. Boiled over not even halfway through the event, came through turn two with the brake pedal to the floor… not a fun feeling. Second Dunnville I had replaced the rotors (needed to badly), super blue, and HP+'s. There was absolutely no reason for me to upgrade to Hawk Blues at that point as I wasn’t driving hard enough to need them. Now that I’ve done like 4 or 5 Dunnville days at several days at another track, the Blues were definitely needed. I would also not start tweaking with different brake pads until you have a much better feel for the car, the track, and what the car feels like while ON the track, and can identify, while driving, where exactly you need more or less pad. You aren’t going to feel that your first, second, or maybe even third time out.

re: Flags: Next time I can definitely help flag, so long as we have enough people that we get rotated out so I can continue to drive. I just don’t want to get stuck there for several hours and miss my sessions :frowning: But seriously, no matter WHAT you were told in the drivers meeting, your common sense should say that if it’s not a green flag, they are trying to give you a heads up about SOMETHING. So bring the speed down some, work on your line for a lap, and give a heads up to what the other drivers are doing. Common sense should tell you to never stop on a race track. Or, if a flag is thrown and you don’t know what it is, it’s YOUR responsibility to pull it in and go ASK.