Summer START @ Dunnville Review / Pic's / Vid's / Thank You Thread!

My problem was not wheel hop, I did have that problem with the stock suspension. I thought it was a CV joint but I went out on a perking lot and made a couple tight turns in both directions and had no problems.

I do have new tires on the car, they are Potenza REO1Rs, same tire as I took off. These tires do seem stickier than the last set. I had Tire Rack heat cycle these, that is the only difference in tire. You might be right, maybe wheel hop and alignment.

Here is what I have been looking into: http://www.cc-2000.com/xtracing/en/products.html

Nothing too fancy, but very cheap/effective timing.

Jeller

Edit ^^^^^ Like that system.

I found a system out there for bikes that can do 10 for about 2K. It is IR and needs line of sight at the start finish line to work, as well as bing connected to a PC. I will try to find it again.

my line looked something like this ugly mspaint… is this what you were doing, or were you taking it as a double apex. I tried the double, but came out slower.

I took the turn as a single, it was much faster for a FWD car. I set up the turn coming out of the middle straight, late apexing the left turn and staying all the way to the left from the marker cone for the end of the turn to the turn in cone for the “first” apex to the grand curve. I then used the skirt/run off area and swept out to the turn in cone for the grand curve and slowly turned in until the apex cone of the grand curve where I used my throttle to push me to the outside and gain speed for the front straight. When I hit it right I was getting to 110+ mph before braking into turn one when I did it wrong I was at 100. Hope you understand this. From your drawing I think we where doing the same thing. From your drawing I am thinking you might wear a helmet all the time :wink:

Why multi car, even 4k seems like a rather large investment. Why not have people just buy their own like this LongAcre one
http://www.saferacer.com/longacre-hot-lap-in-car-timing-system.html?productid=618

yeah same line (in most cases the FWD line is very similar to AWD)… I was only hitting 110 at the very best before braking… but I also was having some suspension problems - my adjustment screw on my right front broke off at about 6/16 so I was running a very loose suspension compared to what I would like.

anyone have anymore pics or vids?

Expensive and destroying a perfectly good car. I have gotten good enough so I am now able to drive the car hard enough to break things. I am also fast enough,(to get into trouble) and not a pro,(so I can’t get out of trouble). I can see the need for a roll bar and race seat… more money. Then I think I should just get a proper race car… even more time and money…

oh well anyone selling a race car?

LOLZ…

anyone have anymore pics or vids?

X2

Seriously saw a ton of cameras, and not so many photos.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-226356294208723696&hl=en

This an incar video that I shot during the day. Sorry it is not HD clear as I used my 4 MP camera to tape it. But at least it doesn’t shake too much. The event was very good. My only problem was eating up my stock tires (RE92) very quickly. There was a quite visible damage after 15-20 lap. Although I inflated the fronts well above normal pressure levels, I was still rolling onto sidewalls during hard cornering. In the future I will consider investing some money in race tires. And one more note: don’t ever try to go there using the directions from Mapquest. Even if I am from Canada I found myself in the middle of nowhere when I followed the directions :slight_smile:

And one recommendation for flag staff. Please do not be shy to show or waive that flag aggresively if you want drivers to notice you

my dad and his buddies have that system and it sucks. had a hell of a time getting it setup everytime. and it only logs one driver in the car… not a group of cars. at a time.

I wish i had something in the CupLite car. it was tough to see if anything was working not comparing it to other cars & having no spedo. and not being able to turn the car to the right made it interesting.

Just got some stills up for our 2008 Still Frame Journal. More when I can :tup:

ya I used the same line but touched a bit over 115 down the front straight… the only thing i did was hit the hole… on the inside of the beginning of the turn twice… then I ended up wider then expected…

:tup::tup:

“115” hu, nice. I need more power and or more than 1 wheel drive.

cky89, you looked at my top speed a couple of times, how fast where we going?

about 115 as well. lol.

ya the 2 weekends before working on it I was hating myself for AWD… after the track day I remembered :slight_smile:

it took about 10-12 hours to do the clutch on the evo…
My VW took me 4.5hours to replace the transmission and I swapped over my tall 5th gear set while the tranny’s where out…

I probably could have gone a bit faster on the track but M/S 440 tread wear/stock suspension scared me from pushing it that hard…lol

I will put some shitty vids up tonight. Mostly just shaky fly-bys.