Summer's almost over. Have you met your goals?

This is kind of a followup to the threads that start right at the beginning of spring…

My goals for this summer were:

• at least one National Tour event, and not finishing last - check, finished one spot out of the trophies at Devens

• Divisionals, and not finishing last - check, finished one spot out of the trophies

• Evolution School - Didn’t happen, it filled up too fast.

• Seat time: make 20 events or more - on track to make it

• progress as a driver and challenge the fastest in WNY and FLR - getting there, progress has definitely been made.
    Stretch goals:

• Win ES in WNY - going to be close, but only because I seem to be the only one who cares about winning it. :stuck_out_tongue:

• Win ES in FLR - see above

• Beat Dale in PAX at least once- check.

• Get a 1st place PAX finish - check. I really didn’t think it’d happen this year, but I’m happy that it did.
    So how about everyone else?

my goal was to drive the fd this year, success! lol actually, i wanted a timeslip in the mid to high 11’s, looking to go to the track in september somtime to do that

yes i have

haha well lets see…i made a lot of NEGATIVE progress this year.

-install shift kit: getting there
-install headers: check
-drive truck allll summer (unlike last year): thats a big negative!

get a car - within 3 weeks i will have something even if i hate it, so check

NO

Nope

I only had one goal and none of you shmucks bought my car.:biglaugh:

UGH! I mean… No.

:lol:

Naw, I still care about ES in WNY, enough that I plan on using the MR2 at the last 2 WNY events. But yeah, FLR & the Seneca Series not so much. Hey, Mark Daddio says you got to drive different cars, and my plan was to experiment even more this year, so I can figure out what I want to try next. Thought it does seem like I have a knack at slow FWD cars, so I might be going in that direction, but we’ll see after I drive the ESP car this weekend (hopefully in the dry).

I’ve been so busy this summer I forgot what my goals were. I’ve basically accepted the fact that this summer was a throw away for me. 50-60 hour weeks since January (40 at my regular job + consulting) means I haven’t had time for much at all. But, I wanted to pay off my boat and that’s done and I pretty much have the money saved for the large down payment on my new ride. So next summer, hopefully I’ll have a lot for free time to enjoy these toys.

Not blow up the hatch - check
Not die in a firey car crash - check
Stay out of police custody (car related) - check
Stay out of police custody (girl related) - check

watch out, becks on a roll!

i guess i could say yea, i did everything i wanted, which was nothing

stock till the warrenty runs out :slight_smile:

yeap. see sig

ha no. I broke the car in early july and haven’t touched it since. Gotta yank the race trans out and ship it to texas, wondering why a trans with 9k miles on it is cooked.

Driver error? :gotme:

not get arrested for driving-:tup:
get car on the road-:tup:
make car run well-:tup:
fix exhaust-:tdown:
ball some bitch in the backseat-:tdown:

i

almost there. just need to retune and turn up the boost. my goal was 450 whp fingers crossed

Nope I still own a Honda FatHatch.