Sunday MoHud Auto-X…

Mine has a 5 year (60k warranty), 3 years maintenance free (brakes, washer fluid, whatever) and the TDI is the least modifiable of the Jettas, not sure why it’d be your choice of Jetta to mod.

Bad day for the audis in general

But on the bright side the pics look great !

Because I could blow black smoke at people

Lol. Unfortunately not in the 09-11 CR diesels…yet anyway.

Aw damn. I would love to own an MK5 Jetta TDI someday though. The only reason I bought mine was because it had a 100k warranty plus mad luxuries like heated leather seats, sat radio, bluetooth, etc for mad cheap. I would never buy a vw for a performance car.

Why do you stress the not buying a VW for a performance car? You’re entitled to do what you please of course but you’re almost implying that a VW does not make a suitable “performance” vehicle which is clearly not true. Hell, even you could appreciate a picture like this (depending on what kind of performance you are talking about):

Thanks - I’m loving my new 12k/14k spring set up. Body roll is well controlled, but it still absorbs bumps pretty well. The cage Adam built is insane. Should have seen the looks I got getting out at Brueggers to get bagels before the event. All I’m missing is a window net to have to unstrap.

Pics are great. Thanks for posting up on our board, too.

Posting incident pics - we don’t want those pics defining our events because that stuff is rare, but it is what it is. Hell, I’m curious to see them. The last incident like that I can remember happened 4 years ago, and that was just a tire bead letting go in a hard turn due to under inflation. Incidents like that don’t happen often, but they can happen. If you want to see the ultimate tire incident, here’s a classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeADBRw9xCo

Mustang - that’s typical for a C Prepared Mustang that competes at Nationals. C Prepared is basically where the American iron hangs - Camaros and Mustangs mostly. The owner is a good guy who used to work for Metro Ford. The car can’t begin to get enough grip under it to handle the horsepower. It really needs concrete runways to reach its potential.

Tech Inspections - they cover the basics, but they aren’t going to catch lug bolts that aren’t long enough to handle spacers someone is using. They can’t replace common sense, that’s for sure. We did turn away two cars that showed up this weekend, both of which each had a broken lug. Tech covered here: http://www.tirerack.com/features/solo2/handbook.htm#tech

Police - we’ve had troopers show up, but they politely declined our invitations to take a run. Saratoga County sheriffs said their Durango would likely roll over on a run.

Helmets - they’re brand new this season in order to upgrade the Snell rating (needs to be the current or up to 2 generations back - i.e. 2010, 2005, or 2000). Get in 'em while they’re fresh. Or bring a balaclava.

TDI Cup is legit. VW has a good history of performance oriented vehicles. I’d still love a MkV R32 if the tranny wasn’t horrible in them. The new Golf R is very appealing, but seeing it in person didn’t do anything for me.

It’s just my opinion and preference. The three cars I’ve had before this one have been awd and turbo. If I’m going to buy something to be my performance car, I’m going to buy something I can enjoy year round. I’m not into the whole winter beater thing. I understand fully that VW’s can be made to perform exceedingly well, but I’d rather buy another Subaru, I’ve had nothing but good luck with them so far despite what everyone says about their reliability. The two vag product’s I’ve owned have been ok, but I’ve had to dump tons of money into them to keep them going. I’m bringing the Jetta in after finals to have the transmission looked at and hopefully replaced. Thank god for the warranty.

And yes TDI cup for the win. If I had 35K to blow, that would be the way I’d do it.

EJ, Adam graciously took me for a spin in your car after I made him ride the motard and the car is incredibly well balanced in every single aspect, I’ve had an ear to ear grin the entire time as Adam ahem gently maneuvered the car around turns :ohnoes

The cage is phenomenal but is definitely not a breeze to get in an out of, more of an adventure especially on the driver side. I’m short and it was an ordeal just getting in and getting strapped. :rofl

If I wasn’t addicted to the bikes I’d sell everything and take out a mortgage to build a twin. :bowdown

the tech is very weak for a event , at the valley they pull a lugnut to check the depth and whatnot esp on aftermarket wheels .

TDI buddies in attendance!!

Quattro, are we free to use the pics that you’ve posted for private non-commercial use? I always ask, don’t assume…

On the tech procedure, not that it’s right and can’t be improved upon, but even at huge National SCCA events, lug bolt/nut/stud teching by removing said fastener doesn’t happen, as far as what I’ve seen. I’ve also asked people from other regions, they’ve said the same.

Perhaps it is an item that we can look at in the future. Spacer/aftermarket wheel/lug bolt scenario will give us reason to check deeper in the future.

If there is anyone out there that has interest in autocrossing, please come out to our next event on May 14th, again at McCarty Ave. Even if you’re not driving, come by to watch and please ask a member for a ride-along.

And yes, EJ’s EVO is badass. That won’t stop the rest of us from chasing him all year :wink:

Webby when/where is the next one after the 14th event?

Our third local event, after our May 14th event 2, will be on June 26. The location is still to be determined. Later today I’ll post our full schedule to the events section, and also continue to update as the sites are confirmed.

I’m pretty psyched at the high qual pics that are posted here. I expect that in the future, though, we can fem it up a little by posting more awesome Miata pics…

Yeah webby feel free to share anything I have posted here. I think I got a couple decent miata snaps yet I’ll have to take a look when I get home tonight. Will definitely be going for a ride along soon enough and hopefully participating at some point this season. I’m slightly intimidated by the sea of cones, but I think a ride along will put me at ease with that.

I would def encourage ride-alongs. If you are remotely interested in trying this out and don’t know where to start, a ride-along is perfect. A member/instructor could give you a quick explanation and a nice passenger-side view of what it’s like.

Oh, just out of curiosity- did you have any more pics of the black BMW hatchback in pic #5? Yes, that’s my heap. :slight_smile:

anyone catch anymore pics of my s4 before it broke lol

and ride alongs are the best! next event if im there ill be willing to give you a ride along quattro and it was good meeting you there as well as kbb and cossey

Is there a website where I can view the results of the event?

http://www.mohud-scca.org/Discuss/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2482