super-charged KA?

anyone have/seen/heard of a KA24DER before?

Check out ka-t.org, some guy has it done actually. It’s completed but he only has a sound clip of it, still having some minor problems thouhg.

the exterra 2.5 supercharged, what motor was that, it was 4cly.

I always supsected some of those parts would be (nearly) cross-compatible

(little off topic) I’ve got a video of an SR which is both Super Charged & Turbo Charged and the thing sounds friggin bad ass!

I’d be very interested in trying a supercharged KA or SR anyday.

It’s hard to make a lot of power with a small displacement, low powered motor when using a supercharger.

The loss to parasitic drag is pretty high (if you’re starting with 150hp) and superchargers by nature create a lot of heat. So you lose power there too. And you end up losing the free revving nature of the motor.

It’s good for a torque boost, but if you’re looking at a commerically available kit, they’re upwards of $5gs for a 30% power increase.

If you just want more grunt, there are cheaper ways to do it, with junkyard chargers, but unless you’re comfy with doing a lot of fab, figuring out your own engine management, etc etc …

Twin charged motors are awesome. Totally just for jaw drop though. You get a low end boost, and a huge mid/high boost. But they’re overly complicated.

back in the day i wanted to sc my ka24e, turned out a bit complicated after all the research, for a 4 cylinder a centrifugal supercharger would be best since power loss is minimal using that, but they are mad $bling$, later dude