KA24DE: Bored vs Turbo vs Supercharger vs High Compression

title says it all…i know a bunch of you guys have KA-T setups…what I havent heard of though are bored KA’s and since KA’s wont like high revs, wouldnt it be good to use a supercharger since that makes power in the lower RPM range? Practically, on a modest budget, which would you prefer in terms of power making capabilities and overall reliability if you’re targeting lets say +/- 250-275 lb ft of torque along the powerband

Why would you stroke a KA24DE? So you can rev even less? Just stay with the basic bolt-ons or go straight to turbo.

stroked KA would be ridiculous, it’d rev like a diesel hahahah

DE-STROKED KA with a turbo! haha thats more like it now.

or a normal KA with a turbo :wink:

my bad guys…i jus got used to using “bored and stroked” as one word…edit time

Well, there is a KA 2.7 stroker kit out there, just for shits and giggles.
I ended up doing quite a bit of research on a high comp k/a, if you want, look here in car chat, there’s a post about it, and ka-t.org called DOHC n/a build.
For certain reasons (I’m poor…) I’ve decided not to go with it, but I still think it’s an excellent option.
Especially b/c after all the headwork & bottom end work you do, all you’d have to do is replace the high comp slugs w/ low comp slugs, and you’d have a CRAAAZZY turbo KA if you decided N/A didn’t make enough power for you.