supercharging older 3.8 buick with newer 3.8 parts

i was just wondering if it could be done… taking lets say an 86 or so N/A 3.8 buick and bolting on the intake, FI and supercharger off a series 1 or 2 3800?

google it,i do belive its been done!

they are 3800’s but they are not the same engine. Its like the difference between the 2JZGT and the 2JZGTE. Ones made for boost and the other isnt. But thats not to say you CANT slap the SCed version parts on it. You would also need more then just the manifold and charger, youll need the ecm, possibly bcm, pulley related parts, and verious other things to get the car to read boost and handle that extra power.

I’m not really up to par on 3.8’s from that era, but I would think you would need to do a top swap like on the series 2 and 3’s. Just like 01GT (Matt), you would need to swap heads as well.

nothing will bolt up from a series 2 to a series 1. That’s the only thing I’m sure of.

I’m betting on the original buick 3.8 being different than both, too.

Not the same as being asked, but I do remember the heads used on the Turbo TA’s were different than the ones used on Gn’s, and I thought they were from the FWD motor of that era, so they could clear the strut towers.