Supra Engine Issue...Want your thoughts

[quote=“2TurboZ,post:18,topic:29890"”]

the bad cylinder only picked up 10 pts when oil was added to seal the ring.

I think I am gonna stick with the 7m and get it machined and reassembled.

Put the big turbo on it…hold off on fuel and some of the other major modifications and rock it for a year as is. No fun races for me this year :frowning:

[/quote]

Shouldn’t that read put the fuel on it and hold off on the big turbo? Get it machined, assemble it, install it, run it as is stock like work out the kinks (because there will be some) and get them taken care of then mod the car. It is a pain in the ass to track down driveability issues when you start adding other variables (IE bigger turbo, more boost, engine management, larger fuel system, different ignition system) Learn the car through experience, get a handle how the car should feel and run relatively stock. Then when you are extremely familiar with the car start modding it little by little. Trust me, do this and the experience will be much more enjoyable and I guarantee you will see better results. Gary here at the shop is proof. He took his talon from a sorted out stock car to 12.0 @ 115 or so with a small turbo and sidemount. It didn’t happen over night but the car never ever once broke.

My $.02