supra motor ?

well my brother just bought my uncles 1987 supra non-turbo and he wants to know what he will need for a twin turbo set up. and if the motor in the car will work with the twin set up (with mods of course ) nedd as much info as you can give thanks.

Matt

doable, yes.
easy, hell no.

its going to be an ugly job.
do a google search, and you’ll know why i decided against it.

I was looking at late 80’s supras a little while back. I wanna say that the last couple of years before the model change were easier to pull the swap with the 1JZ motor, which actually has a ton of potential…I guess my best advice would be to check out the supra forum.

single turbo ftw 7m-gte would be the easiest swap

^took the words right outta my mouth. the EASIEST for that yeah yes. others can be done and sure make more power, but would be way more difficult

Sell the car you got, buy a MK4 and that’s it. Otherwise figure $10K to do the swap between the longblock, turbos (god only knows who would actually buy that setup) the tranny, ECU, and not to mention all the shit attached to it.

X…

well money is no object to my brother (mr.money bags)so that really dont matter but i am just doing research for him on how hard it would be and what will be needed to carryout the process . my ? is how will you have to mod the fuel,motor if not able to use the one in the car, turbos, and ecu …plus whatever else im forgetting. thanks for any help you can give.

^ if money is no matter, buy and build an MKIV

yeaaaaaaaaaaaa…they have more Sex appeal too

mkiv ftmfw not to mention 2jz no shit

late 80s supras do alot better with single turbo setups. But what do I know, I drive an f-body :gotme:

1JZ…only way to go. 7MGTE is meh.

1jzgte motor it will drop right in if you get a 89 front crossmember…then wire it and your good to go…the driveshaft will bolt right up…ect ect…2jz little brother aint that bad…2.5 liters of high reving fury…(when head upgraded)

do it

FTW

Well the 7mges have a better/higher compression ratio but limits your boost then the turbo blocks. Your still going to have to replace the head gasket with a metal one and arp studs, bigger injectors, go standalone (megasquirt), drill an oil feed/return line to the turbos, offcourse buying/finding the twin-turbo setup, misc wiring, and the ge rods are not as stout as the gte’s.
If moneys not an option buy a clean turbo model MK3 and start from there. You can find a fairly clean un-molested one usually in the $5k or less range. In fact theres one on ebay in Lockport: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Supra-1991-Toyota-Supra-Turbo-5sp_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6447QQihZ001QQitemZ110022017705QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Or better yet buy a MK2 supra and drop a 7mgte in that and beat mk3’s and stock mk4’s all day long and look better doing it ;]

well looks like someone stole my plan for next summer… time to find some other project…