Suzuki Reno: GONE!

http://www.neoscooters.com/prodimages/xg-470-blue-angle-340.jpg

Aspen… Ahhh yes, California…

I’m so surprised. fucking faggot.

Ranks right up there with Skoda, huh?

Buying a brand new car is the dumbest financial decision anyone that isnt rich could make.

“hey, let’s make an investment in something that loses 1/3 of its value the second I buy it!”

a car isn’t an investment… it’s transportation

i bought a new car… it lost 1/3 of it’s value the day i drove it home… 1900 days later, it still hasn’t cost me much of anything and is worth almost 40% of what it was new…

here’s a hint: let some other dumb sap buy it new, let it lose 50% of its value, then pick it up used and save yourself thousands of dollars.

did you miss the part where i drove it over 5 years and over 104k miles and its’ still worth 40%

some ‘sap’ putting a shitty 15k miles on one would only drop the overall price by MAYBE 17%… so yeah… no thanks.

there is something to be said for a new car… there are no mysteries… there is a factory warranty… and your the first owner…

so you could have avoided losing 20% of that 60% loss by picking it up used with ~15K. on a $25,000, that means you lost an extra $5,000.

but adding in depreciation, the lack of mechanical needs and the fact that i’m the first owner raises it’s value… so in the end I didn’t have to wait for someone to buy it and sell it, i just took the hit up front and received the benefits after it aged.

hell, i doubt i’ll ever buy a car new… unless it’s in cash… i hate to think about shit eating lot attendants driving (beating) a car around and then selling it to me with ‘only 3000 miles’…

i’d rather buy a car with 3 miles.

some new cars are just as cheap as used ones…

just a example used cobalt same price as a new one. and you get a warrenty and the new car smell

:rofl:

like being the sole owner of a car really raises its value that much.

and “adult owned”

i never said how much… all that i said was that it adds to it’s value.

Putting the first mile on a car has a lot of value. You know when every oil change was done. You know how hard the car was driven, EVERY mile of its life.

Send the bank $500 every month instead of $258 so the Reno is paid up much more quickly.

and there are:

no diesel Golf left.
no diesel Rabbits.
no manual Jettas.

so i’d have to have gotten an automatic diesel Jetta, and most of those are the special edition, which is WELL over $25000, for nowhere near the city mileage of the Prius.

i would kill myself if i paid 258 a month for a reno

no money down + gap insurance.