Suzuki V Strom 1000 ?

I’ve been toying with the idea of getting another motorcycle and was wondering if anyone out here has any knowledge/experience with a V Strom? I’ve had street bikes off and on for a number of years. My last bike was a Yamaha FJR. I’m looking for a decent dependable get up and go type of bike, doesn’t need to be a rocket. My wife likes to tag along so, it needs to be comfortable 2 up and right now the V Strom seems like a pretty good choice. Opinions and/or Ideas are appreciated!

The new ones aren’t cheap, that I know. If you plan on getting new, also take a look at the Tiger 800.

From what I read, they seemed to be pretty reliable and popular, but I think the 650 is more popular probably due the mpg. Most people got it for commute during workday and light trial or LD touring during weekends. I want one myself but it is really out of my price range and I want something that can do 60~70mpg for work…like a scooter :aww

my dad had a v-strom he liked it but he and all of us could not get over its looks(im guessing by the fact you posted this you like the look) his only complaint was it was really tall and hard to get on and off. he is 6’ and 200lbs not fat like me. it was all around a good bike just ugly

Yeah, I kind of like the way they look. Initially I was a little more interested in the 650 than the 1000 but, figuring there will be quite a bit of 2 up riding I’m thinking the 1000 might be better. Looking at the Adventure model with the hard bags.