Your opinions on Yamaha street bikes.

Ive been looking to buy a new bike for months but having trouble deciding on what bike I wanna purchase. Its quite a big investment so I dont wanna be disappointed.

I was never really a fan of the earlier Yamaha bikes but from what Im seeing they are really starting to get my attention.

Im in the market for a 1000cc bike.

The new Raven R1 has really caught my eye.
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/products/mcy/500/06YZFR1_black_1sized.jpg

lloks good!

i like it

can’t go wrong w/ a 1 liter

fuckin sick…

:waits for quik to but in and say “thats too big, i’m the only home slice that can handle a 1 liter.”:

haha yea really, dont forget he is the ultimate driving machine.

I actually compared the R1,GSXR1000 and 1000RR. its a dead match between the Suzuki and Honda. I decided not to go with Yamaha.

I hear Kawasaki will be releasing a new ZX14. Maybe give that a look also?

the raven does look sick from the side but that damm heart shaped seat kills it.

tony rides reasonable so he should be able to ride a litre hes not dumb like some

I love the R1, but hate the seat as well. Id take the kaw. zx-10.

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/zx10-s.jpg

i’m a fan of the zx10’s too

I think yamaha are the nicest bikes

don’t get me wrong i am a die hard honda guy and that was the only bike i rode on dirt besides my KTM

but i like the yamaha

also i might get a bike and might get the katana…( i know quik will bash me for that) but since i have to have 2 back surjuries i don’t want to lean to much. also i just want a cruiser no a sick street bike

the katana is like buying a v6 camaro. looks faster than it really is

I have a 03’ yamaha r-1 black with flames, very fast, very fun. It got even better for 04’ with dual under seat exhaust and ram air = around 30 more hp. For me it was between r-1, hyabusa, and gsx 1000. truly to do it over . either hyabusa or v-max. So, buy my r-1 and I’ll buy a v-max.

30 hp seems a bit over rated. All the new bikes are so tweeked from the factory it would cost a lot more than an exhaust and ram air to get 30HP IMO

i still like that yamaha

no… everythign changed from the ground up when they changed for the '04 model… that’s why in Oct. '03, you coudl get a brand new '03 R1 for less than a r6…

personally, i love the yamaha’s the most. My next bike will be an R1 or an Aprilia Mille… The seat/rear end of the gixxer looks like shit, and the gixxers have only gotten uglier starting in '04… The Kawi is ok and the only Honda i’d buy is the repsol replica (thing looks fuckin awesome)… but the R1 is BY FAR the best looking imo… and when it comes to performance… i know its not slacking behind any of the others…

ZX-14 looks like shit… nuff said

yamaha>* dirt or street

Please tell me that you didn’t buy an R1 as your 1st bike.

crammer he used to have my old pearl F3 if you recall

F3 to an '06 R1 is a pretty big jump. F3 to a new (05-06) 600 then to the R1 would be better. But this is America, land of the free and bigger is better - Quick, tell your boy to becarefull with the throttle.

i love my 05 r6