sweet zzp is using my car as advertisement for selling their cam

they’ve re-released the nic cam. hooray for me because i bought it used for $100

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=941&catid=104

congrats

Are you getting kickback from them advertising with your ride?

nah its on streetfire and up for anyone to use. it doesn’t bother me really, i look at it like a compliment

Nice work

your GP just sounds plain nasty :slight_smile:

What headers/ exhaust you running

That does sound great. I love ZZP stuff/ZZP’s website.

How hard was it to swap the L67 topend onto your n/a 3.8? Do you HAVE to swap the heads like most people do?

right but I’d still be looking for a little kickback. its not like their using the video to show their friends or for entertainment, their using your video to make money for themselves. i say look into getting a kickback or a discount on purchases

Eh… ZZP is such a stand up company, I wouldn’t really sweat it. They keep their prices so riduculously low, why fuck with them?

yeah i did the entire L67 top end, it was tough but no different than any other head swap. getting the motor down low enough to get the cam in thru the fenderwell was the hard part.

The catback is bone stock, it sounds okay but kinda tinny. i have headers and new mufflers ready to go on, i guess i need to get back in touch with jeff and get the ball rolling on a 3" catback

I’m not looking to get anything from zzp, they don’t need my vid but they used it anyways

congrats, ur car sounds sick !

Cool…been thinking about doing this on my Monte Carlo SS. I wish it was possible without swapping the heads, it would make it SO much easier.

it can be done but you need a L67 LIM with injector bosses machined into it, custom fuel logs and the m90 case needs some clearance work for the fuel logs

it would probably be cheaper to get L67 heads

That sucks…I miss the boost alot when I drive the Monte Carlo now instead of the Regal, but I don’t think I want to get into that whole mess.

geez…that thing has a choppier idle than my BBC.

yeah i wasn’t feelin it today. it took a ridiculously long crank time to finally fire this morning, i’m guessing over 30 seconds on several attempts.

btw that vid had the idle set at 1000, i’ve now got it tuned to run down to 900 once up to temp

your car sounds great. The idle has that nice chop to it.