Swerve Motorsports is closing, what should I do now?

Well as most of you know we decided to close up shop after a solid run of over 10 years. So where does this leave our customers? Well you all know the other shops in the area but you may not know that Andy Walker (my good friend and former employee) has a shop and a new tire machine and is willing to help you all out with excellent service and competitive pricing. Here is a message from Andy:

[FONT=arial]As I mentioned in the past I was looking to pick up a tire machine…After working with Pauly’s Snap-on tire changer machine over at Swerve for years, I found out what I really need/want in a machine to get the job done, and get it done correctly and hassle free. I wanted to keep budget reasonable and not spend 20k on a setup from big named manufacturers. After reading tons and tons of reviews I finally pulled the trigger and picked up an Atlas TC-289DAA tire changer and WB-11 balancer. I was skeptical about quality when making the purchase and wanted to wait until I put this thing to work to make a posting. This machine is awesome! It has a ton of power and more versitility with the extra arm for pressing the bead into the drop center of the wheel. The jaws operate super smooth and offer both inner and outer clamping (covered by plastic replaceable jaw protectors). The duck head also offers wheel protection with replaceable plastic inserts as well so no metal will touch your wheel throughout the entire process.[/FONT]

The wheel balancer does typical static/dynamic balancing and does a hell of a job at such. I can balance as precisely as 1 gram which is complete overkill. I have both sticky and tap on quality professional wheel weights.

For the mounting I also picked up euro-paste to lube and seal the bead also preventing corrosion to the wheel where the bead seats (that is pretty darn important where we are located). I also picked up an air bead blaster similar to a “cheetah” to help seat stiff walled tires or stretched tires.

I know its winter tire season so I’m going to try to recoup a bit of money spent on this machine. so if you need anything done let me know via PM. Please leave your phone # in the pm and preference of weather you’d like me to call or text you back. My shop is located in Lancaster 14086 zip code and I’m about 7 minutes from Swerve if that used to be your place to go. I’m doing this by appointment only as I have a regular full time job. My brother will also be helping me out so between the 2 of us you will be able to set something up almost every day of the week.

The only downfall I have at the moment is that I can not dispose of you tires you no longer want. I’m working on a hook up to make this happen, but for now I can’t take them. I believe you can drop them off at any big tire place for a small disposal fee. I need to make some calls to be certain of that though.

A few pics of the setup:

This is the protected duck head

And the protected jaws for wheel clamping

Pricing for mounting/balancing is as follows:

Rim size less than or equal to 15" ==> $12.50/wheel

Rim size 16"-17"==> $15/wheel

Rim size 18"+ ==> $20/wheel (depending on profile

NOTE: All prices shown are for street tires only. Race tires, super low profile tires and heavily stretched tires are priced depending on difficulty. Regardless of the difficulty, I am the most reasonable place locally for specialty mounting service.

[FONT=arial]Again, please PM me and leave your phone # in the pm and preference of weather you’d like me to call or text you back. If you have any questions post em up and I’ll be happy to help as much as I can. Thanks, Andy Walker
[/FONT]

I hope this helps all of you looking for somewhere else to go. Thanks again to all of you who supported us over the years, we had a blast and hope you did too!

Your friends @ Swerve Motorsports

Very cool. This will be helpful for a lot of us here. Thank you!

Andy is a stand up guy. Glad to hear he’s going to be doing this.

:tup:

Yes, please Pm me or call/text if you already have my number to set up an appointment. I have a lot of availability as I will have my brother helping me complete appointments as well. I hope this helps all of you and I will figure out a way to get rid of disposals in the very near future.
-Andy

Paul, good luck with your future endeavors.

:tup: Andy and his brother are good guys!

Sorry to hear this. Only had the privilege of using your services once but was very pleased and impressed. For those of us who don’t know Andy, or missed something above, where is his shop located? Thanks and good luck in future endeavors.

:tup: Great dudes

I believe you’ve already been there becuase I’m pretty sure you’ve been on my dyno :). If you’ve been to “John’s dyno shop” then you’ve been to my shop because we are all partners. I knew this would get confusing if I ever started advertising on here which I believe I will be doing shortly under my own “name” or whatever I/we want to call it with my brother.

Wow Andy… Glad to see you’re doing well I’ll come visit sometime!

Andy gets 4 thumbs up from Melissa (GF) and I. He’s my go-to for mostly everything…

… including the four tires I just bought… I just texted him.

Great set up you have going on. John does most of my work.

Got it. Yes, I have been there before. Now I understands. Thanks again.

Looks like I still have to go somewhere else. Oh well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:tup: good luck on whatever’s next Big Daddy Paul, good dudes

:tup: Andy

Awesome!

yeah good luck with your next efforts. it’s been great having your support with the forums for the past several years.