Switch Room Revamp

zing

You can order custom lengths in fiber, we are going to be doing that for a few patches where we need only 1 ft rather than 1m.

I always label both ends regardless of anything, temporary or permanent. Makes life a million times easier. I also add descriptions to the port on the ios side.

Not a bad cleanup. Spend another few hours and get some covers for those panduit sides and you’ll be happy. May I also suggest a document of what patch goes where, it’ll make things 30x better when you need something immediately.

We do have the covers for those cable channels. Labeling might not be a bad idea. What I did want to do is create a map of each drop throughout the buildings and which switch room they go to. It’s a 100+ year old building attached to newer buildings so the wiring never makes sense. Traced out a few cables the other day that instead of going down 2 floors for about a 100ft run, they go to a different building at a 330ft run!! Which as you guys know, won’t work.

<EDIT> What labels do you guys use? previously we use the label maker, but wasn’t working out too well.

I use a label maker

http://www.buyheatshrink.com/dymo-label-writer/pictures/RHINO6000.JPG

Its got a cat5 wire wrap setting…