When data center cabling becomes art

Pr0n for the IT guys:

http://royal.pingdom.com/?p=240

thats alot of cable…

Yeah I’m pretty anal about how I run cables. I can appreciate having a neat clean install.

But that is a lot of cable.

i should take some shots from the dc… some of the shit is amazing, I was always really anal about making it perfect when I would build out a rack.

do it then

How much money is all that cabling?

I kinda like just throwing random cables at a rack, anyone can figure it out if it’s cabled nicely. Job security FTW. :smiley: I even add in a few extra cables that go nowhere just to throw other people off. :slight_smile:

thats not bad, but they were using velcro and zip ties lets see it done the right way with wax string

You’re such a dick. I hate you.

<3333

I’m incredibly super anal about how I run my wires. Velcro is the most useful shit ever.

Like this eh?

:hsugh: I wonder why its being phased out and being replaced with something wired correctly. 2nd day here I had to remove cables from like 10 ports. That was amusing. Thats def a Cisco 6xxx hiding under there.

haha… show pics of the security suite or some of the good racks!

those are all pretty standard wiring jobs… where are all the management arms… waste of time wiring a rack without being able to maintenance the hardware.

yea, that would suck to have to unplug the device if you want to pull it out and look at something.

Of course, I have seen some Dell racks, and not using the cable management arms may have been easier. Dell servers/computers/anything fucking sucks.

lol, at least that things going away, I dont have any pics of the room yet. Might snap some later. There still workin gon it.

I dont get it?

Look at my pic then the ones in the link. Notice how nice and neat they are. Thats the point, its not teh flying spagetti monster like i posted.

Shit, that’s not bad at all compared to some of the stuff I have to deal with.

Here’s what I’m trying to sort though and work on at WYEP 91.3FM:

Such a god-damned nightmare.

Just when you though you’ve seen it all: Cabling as a sport.

:wtf: http://www.speedcabling.org / :wtf:

I could go snap a pic of the Verizon wiring closet, its pretty craptastic.

I dont have a good enough cam on my phone to take pics of the new room that got built out. local company did the wiring for our customer and did a stellar job. then our customer was lazy running the wires to the patch pannels.

I really hate that, when you have a bang-up job to begin with, and it gets butchered to hell.

WYEP was botched from the get-go. “Job security” by a business that is no longer in business.