Switching cell phone providers...

Cingular/ATT FTW

GSM is the way to go. You can even unlock your phone (tmoble) and take it over to AT&T with you.

Sign up with them, you can cancel without a fee within 30 days if your not happy.

GSM SUCKS if your not going to leave the states. Even my shitty nextel running on 800mhz iDEN gets service in tons of places where tmob-cing-att don’t

Where can’t you get service with att/cingular? I’ve seen one place where I have no signal, and nobody has signal there…

Various places on the way to Hyperfest.

Verizon > all

It really depends on who you call and where you go.

I have AT&T and I like it because most of my friends and family have it, I really like having RollOver minutes (huge saver sometimes) and it’s been very good to me. My brother as Verizon because most of his friends have it and he got a discount for it through work.

Both of our service works well. My phone works in places my brother’s doesn’t and vice versa. For example, at my mom’s house, my phone works perfectly but he can’t get a signal. Same can be said for our cabin in MD. On the other hand, his doesn’t drop calls on certain parts of 28 and the Turnpike like mine does on occasion.

Honestly, you really can’t go wrong with either. You just have to see what you think is the better deal and what will be most reliable in your area.

The boondocks…go hit weirton west virginia just a few minutes past the mill…you WONT have service because of the signal degradation in the hills…this is a fact