Sprint Users Step In.....

I’ve had Verizon for years. Looking to get a shared smartphone plan with my fiance. I’m looking to step out of the stone age and into the 2000s.

I’ve been look at Sprints Smartphone plans. Unlimted use and No Contract preferred.

Anyone have any bad experiences with Sprint service both cellular coverage and logistics (online billing, customer service, etc…)?

Just looking for feedback.

Other provider suggestions, minus Walmart, welcomed. Discuss…

Coverage is spotty in my experience. Data is slow as ballz in my experience, probably related to the prior comment. If you’re in an area with good 4g coverage your results may be better than mine. Billing and customer service wise I can’t complain but I’ve rarely needed their help. I intend on switching to Verizon personally.

Yeah, 15 year customer here the last 4 been waiting for regular old 4g. Never gonna happen, fuck sprint

VZW and ATT are expensive, but they are considerably better networks than anyone else. If you rely on your device, you really should stick to them.

We pulled my wife off sprint ASAFP, and went shared Verizon; more $$, but we never run into issues with data usage (6GB plan, typically average 2-3), and have never had an issue with coverage, even in the boondocks they have out here.

Verizon has a LOT of deals with partner companies, not sure if your work or Kristens work has a deal, but it’s worth looking into. I know Moog does with ATT and Verizon (15% off); I’m still using my old ITT discount (20% off).

Everyone falls into that Sprint “unlimited data” selling point, but what people don’t realize is there coverage is horrid and there data speeds aren’t all that great. 90% of people do not need unlimited data.

Go with ATT or VZ and most bigger companies have a discount through them. Hell I still get the TWCFAN discount at ATT and I haven’t worked at TWC in almost 6 years.

I think I can get a discount for VZW. I never considered that.

So is it really VSW/ATT > * …?

For coverage VSW > *

For Coverage/Service VZW/ATT > *

There are only 3 networks, so all the ones that aren’t VZW/ATT/Sprint are all just piggy-backing on one of those 3 phone networks, most of the time it’s Sprint’s network, a handful are on ATT’s, and I think Verizon is solo and they don’t let anyone piggyback.

It’s better to have assurance rather than skepticism.

Thanks fellas!

I have a bill from Sprint that is going on 10 years old now… They billed me for $9xx in overages when I had an unlimited plan. They still send a letter looking for money once or twice a year. I switched to Verizon the day after I got that bill and they would not drop it. I had been with Sprint for a few years at that point and now have been with Verizon nearly 10 and have had 0 issues aside from cost going through the roof.

If you don’t want an expensive cell phone bill don’t get a smart phone and data.

I love when people bitch and cry about expensive cell phone bills and use their phone hours and hours each day.

Not to mention most people end up ditching land lines or doing some super cheap alternative like vonage.

If you’re going to have something at your primary means of communication/contact spending $100-200 more a year to be reachable in an emergency isn’t really a huge deal.

I have sprint and it makes me want to punch babies and stomp kittens everytime I try to use my unlimited data. 99% of the time im roaming too, even though no additional charges. but I cant complain with the price and I stream music through slacker roughly 40-60hrs a week so I need unlimited. so I deal with it for now.

Right.

I’m not here to cut my bill in half but it is interesting how the fees creep over time.

I love when people bitch and cry about expensive cell phone bills and use their phone hours and hours each day.

Interesting how I never mentioned price and you jumped to that.

If your data usage is reasonable try quoting the family plan from AT&T.

I don’t know where you work but a lot of places get corp discounts I still use time warners my bill is $140ish for 2 iPhone unlimited txt/call/6gb of data/tethering.

I have traveled all over the us and can’t ever remember my phone roaming the only time I had issues was the middle of no where Missouri but the person I was with had VZW and was also lacking service.

The contract side is nice if you’re trying to upgrade to new phones.

I think I use maybe 200 minutes and 400 txts per month. I’ll give AT&T a go.

I work at Astronics. I think we do get a discount. I never considered it but that certainly would be nice.

We have sprint for work. It is the sucks. Our phones go into Roaming all over the place. I had it happen in downtown Chicago once, drove me nuts. I also tried activating new phones for work and they wouldn’t work. So I called support and they told me it might be the building I was in…even though I had Verizon phones and AT&T phones that were working fine. The business side at least just sucks the chode hardcore.

I have to agree with what others have posted already. I had Sprint up until a year ago and the coverage sucked balls (Doesn’t look like that story has changed much, either). The unlimited data was nice as well as not getting billed for roaming, but what good is that unlimited data when the speeds and coverage are garbage? The wife and I switched to Verizon a year ago because we moved and we noticed that with Sprint we had no signal what so ever north of Route 104.

this. but ive only been with them for 12 years…

Definitely check with wherever you work for discounts at VZW/AT&T the discount I have applied is something like 30%

Not completely Accurate Tmobile has there own infrastructure as well.