Sprint Users Step In.....

Had verizon for years and they hid charges in my bills and were complete scumabgs and did to me what they got that massive lawsuit for. I left them and have been with sprint for almost 6 years now and despite not having service in some basements and an area here or there, I have no complaints. My bill is cheaper than anyone I know and i have unlimited everything.

Was going to post this. I’ve been with them since Voice Stream, and have had no real issues. Remember: the quality of your service depends on your PHONE and well as your network.

THIS is what I was waiting to hear. I know a few others should chime in and I hope they do.

Sprint has the best value for what you get hands down. and the service isnt half as bad as everyone bitches about.

What kinda charges are you talking about?

This. I’ve been with then for 15 years (before they even were Verizon), and never had ANY billing issues, hidden charges, etc.

Your phone won’t well for calls in basements, certain tall buildings, elevators, really far out in the boonies, in the middle of Lake Erie, some overpasses, and in the hood. I think thats about it.

I pay what my single friends pay on Verizon / AT&T for my wife and I to both have iPhone 4S, unlimited data, calls, text, ect. Under $150/month I’ve had sprint for over 10 years now, I’m pretty content, although I have nothing to compare it to.

Also, in the last 6 months I’ve downloaded over 50gb, and sent out over 5. It’s truly unlimited.

You haven’t been with them long enough. Added charges for mobile to land line calls for one. I got a handful of dollars back for that.

As long as you aren’t relying on their data & call/VM reliability it is a great price. I’ve been on every major network over the years and Sprint is the worst except maybe the new T-Mobile.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

http://www.macgasm.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/can-you-hear-me-now-guy-630x400.jpg

I hate Verizon from a service/honestly perspective. Their network is far superior though, this is undeniable. Indeed you pay for the network, but if you need reliability you must pay.

I’m on AT&T and my good snowmobiling buddy is on Sprint. I’ve lost count of how many times I’ve had voice and data coverage and he’s been sitting there at “no service”. It’s OK if you never leave the first ring burbs but anything beyond that you better bring matches so you can send smoke signals.

Even the news agrees:

http://www.wgrz.com/news/article/217410/37/Verizon-and-ATT-Ranked-Best-Cell-Carriers-In-WNY

Every carrier has billing issues.

Verizon and ATT aren’t perfect, but I don’t have a land line at my house so I rely HEAVILY on my phone. You may take for granted that 90% of the time you have service, but when a natural disaster occurs or you are in an emergency situation, you’re going to be fucking kicking yourself for going with Sprint.

You’re going to be kicking yourself in that situation with any carrier and no landline. Remember 9/11? N.E. blackout? Katrina? Hell even the Oct Storm to some extent? All the cell carriers went down due to the crushing traffic or power issues. Shitty old landlines worked pretty much uninterrupted.

http://www.ohwrd.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/clappin-pigeons.gif

There has been A LOT of work and development to reduce these issue with the cell carriers. 9/11 and the blackout were a LONG time ago man. Even Katrina.

Landlines only work if the pole in front of your house is still standing. Not to mention, A LOT of people are switching to VOIP landlines now too. So even if the pole is standing, if the power is out and your modem is off, good luck.

My parents were in the worst part of the area affected by Hurricane Sandy and I was texting them all night during the disaster. Was their VOIP phone working? Nope.

In the end, the cell network has the best POTENTIAL for being used as a communication channel during natural disasters or other emergencies. It’s just a matter of proper design and implementation.

Agreed; one of the guys I’m going to school with is the Manager for Caterpillar’s Power Generation division out here in UT and surrounding areas, all new and most old cell towers now have automatic generators on them to keep them up in case of emergencies.

You realize a lot of cell carriers lean on other companies for backhaul?

So a storm that takes out trees and potential telephone polls with fiber on them could drop a cell tower out.

That’s true, it’s a single point of failure. But with proper design, you’d think that they would run that underground and/or have redundancy built in.

LZ, what carrier and plan to you have?

That really isn’t how fiber works you can’t just run it under ground everywhere…

In a perfect world you have diverse entry and fiber in two different directions on some sort of ring configuration…In reality you end up with two carriers on the same pole and shit like that.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

ATT Family Plan 2 phones

I think I have two options to try out now.

Thanks for everyone for their input…yes even LZ :slight_smile: