Who is YOUR wireless provider?

I’m wondering who everyone’s wireless provider is and what kind of experiences you have had with them. I currently have verizon but I might be looking to change companies very soon and I’m open to suggestions. Please select an option in the poll, and feel free to rate them and say something about their reception, customer service, or any other experiences you have had with them. If you feel comfortable, share your plan and what you pay each month.

I’ll start…I have verizon and I have been with them for a few years now. I have been happy with their reception and customer service until recently. I’m looking into Sprint because I can have pretty much the same plan but $15 less each month. I have 450 min/month, unlimited texting to anyone, and the data plan for my Droid. My bill comes to $94 and change each month.

Sprint, reception is good. Customer service is decent. Bill is cheap.

sprints cs is consistently ranked low. frequency is strictly 1900 PCS band. it will roam, sure. but then ur eating up your battery. they dont have much data roaming either.

If there is no CDN option maybe this should be in NY OT or Nerds?

Verizon, I never really have issues so I never have to deal with customer service. We get a decent discount through my wife’s work so our bill is cheep and If I somehow end up in a place with no service it doesn’t matter because no phone is working there. My only issue is I hate having to wait 2 years to get a discount on a new phone, dammit I want a new phone every year.

its not the same companies?

i didn’t realize i put this in the network-wide section. mods, please move

I have AT&T as my personal phone and Verizon for work. I always have coverage. AT&T has gotten better as far as coverage goes. I used to lose signal on my AT&T and call whoever I was talking to on the Verizon phone 20 seconds later. That hasn’t been happening as often as it used to. I work all over western New York and NE PA FWIW.

verizon, only been with them for a little over a month.

i wanted a decent phone plan and a decent phone. idk if its my droid, or the service, but talking on the phone is kinda of scratchy. every once in a while i feel like i miss the important parts of of a word, and cant really tell what they said.

luckily i dont talk on the phone much. mainly text, surf the web, and it does both those things extremely well.

oh, and i always have service.

AT&T for 5 years now. No real complaints, my father has been with them for 15 years.

this.

Isn’t it mainly Rogers up yonder?

I had T-Mo years ago, their service sucked. I thought it was normal to have to go outside to have a conversation. Then I was on VZW for like the last 6 years, until their customer service turned to absolute shit. Now I’m with AT&T and the customer service is as it should be: You’re not going to rape them but they’ll take reasonable care of you. Reception is fine. I don’t talk much but use a lot of data. I don’t really ever have a problem. I put my wife back on VZW because she was getting dropped calls and her iphone got jacked in Thailand so it was cheaper to just cancel her contract and get her a droid, but I stayed with AT&T because I’m happy. Plus I can use Nokia smartphones (app support sucks, but hardware/quality/OS-wise they blow apple and google out of the water) and pay $15/mo for unlimited data.

none of the companies listed are in Canada.

Telus, Bell, Rogers

Sprint,family plan is cheap,never had any issues,well maybe some issues with my POS samsung phone.

cricket, no contract, cheap bill, and no stupid shit like counting minutes, which is like counting calories, which makes you a faggot by default.

Not to mention they just went nationwide.

T-Mobile for ~10 years (Voicestream before being bought by T-Mo) - Never had a problem with reception (never used a cheap shitty phone) and never had a customer service problem. $80ish per month; Unlimited talk, text & web.

AT&T
been with them since i got a cell phone 4 years ago, my dads been with them for about 6 or 7. recently had issues with my phone called their CS and didnt wait more than 5 min, easiest guy ive ever had to deal with with an over the phone help desk. i think for 4 phones total with unlimited text and web on two of em total is about $190? Never had an issue with reception, and the only times i have so did my friends on verizon and t-mobile.

AT&T, 450/5000 plan w/ roll over and unlimited data/text. Bill is $84.XX w/ tax. Ive been with them since '92, service is good, customer services is decent. I have noticed verizon has better reception out where my parents live (holland) but for the most part they both seem fairly equal.

We use Verizon, 5 phones on 1 plan. Bill is about $200/mth. Includes unlimited texting, data plans on 2 of the phones and 700 minutes/mth. Never had any problems with customer service.