what cell service do you have ?

I have beat ass ATT and im getting ride of it soon !!!
Prolly going verizon but T mobile has some good deals too
does anyone know who has the best coverage on the east coast ?
looking for a simple plan 40 bucks or less a month w/ a nice phone

I also heard verizon is comming out w/ new phones this week or next ???

i have verizon

i havent heard about new phones aor anything

best coverage? probably verizon

although ive been having problems dialing out and the signal switching from digital to analog a lot

you’re asking a question that’ll automatically be biased… i have had att (sucked) verizon (not bad) and now sprint (not bad)

i do’nt think anyone is a cell phone coverage analyst… so it’ll probably just be…

i have X phone, they are the best

i like verizon because of their large selection of phones

i have verizon. the plan,itself is pretty good. its $45 a month w/ unlimited nights and weekend, free long distance, free to other verizon phones ect. the problem i’m having is that i can’t get signal alot. i have a new phone and its nice, so i think it might be the service, not the phone. i can’t get service at south park, in alot of stores. its really annoying. i’d be pressed to recommend verizon to anyone right now, but maybe you’ll have better luck.

:dunno:

what is x phone?

i have been with verizon for 5 years now, never had a problem with my billing or coverage. Was with 2 years and they screwed up my bill more then you can even imagine, and there coverage was soooo shitty. The thing I like about Verizon is the 3g mode for the phones, most of the new phones are tri mode as well. Maybe I am partial to Verizon but I think I should be when they have provided me such good service across the entire nation for the past few years.

i’ve had:

AT&T - OK service, shit plan
Verizon - good service, good plan
Sprint - great service, great plan, terrible billing/customer service
Cricket - good service (around pittsburgh), great plan

Verizon - has the best coverage area but the trade off is some times the plans get expensive for what you have.

Sprint - Very good service if you are on their digital network but if you are out in the boonies a lot (see their coverage area map) you may have problems and have to use roaming more than you would like. You get the most for your money ($ to allotted Minutes ratio) I have had them for over 4 years now and am very satisfied.

ATT - fuck them lying breach of contact assholes.

Nextel - Two way feature is nice but just ends up being a over priced walkie talkie and you need to have a lot of people you know to use it. Covereage is nation wide , but signal depends on the moons gravitational pull, how the planents are alligned, and if your home toilet has been flushed an odd number of times.

This is all based on actually having these services at one time or another. Except Verizon it was just to expensive for what I need (with sprint I have a rediculous amount of muintes and pay after taxes and everything 65 a month. for the same service through verizon they quoted me close to 180 or 200 a month and that was recently.

Nextel I had at one of my old jobs and it was very unreilable and my brother has it currently and is still unreliable.

ATT was my very first cell phone back when I was 17.

I have never had a problem with customer service in the 4+ years I have had them. They have solved any problem I may have had and have always helped me save money as newer better pans come in. :dunno:

Maybe it was just you since you are a prick :smiley:

^^^ I have Sprint also, I pay $39.99 for 2150 off-peak minutes and 350 peak minutes. That is a plan that is 2 years old now (I need to see if there is anything better). Free Long-distance. If I call CA it’s local. If I’m IN CA and call PA it’s local. Has a nice feature on their phones to set them to “Sprint PCS only” meaning if you go out-of-range of their towers, you will lose signal instead of auto-switching to roaming.

BTW my plan is

500 peak minutes
unlimited off peak
unlimited Mobile to mobile
1000 text messages

and this on the nationwide plan, and i pay like 65 a month after taxes… I barely ever use my peak minutes, mainly mobile to mobile

lol…

i was billed for the same month twice.

when i added a second line “for $10”, they doubled my $119/month bill.

they accidentally shut my phone off. when i called and pointed out their mistake, they turned my phone back on… with a $150 early termination fee and a $50 re-activation fee. It took me two and a half hours and three customer service reps to get those sorted.

Sprint shut off my phone once for going “over the limit”… they got my payment @ 3:00 PM, they shut my phone off @ 12:00 noon. I was pissed. But that’s the only problem I had.

cup & string

i got sprint

I have att but it’s through work. i have no idea what the plan is or how many minutes I have but I have never had a problem with not being able to make a call if I had to. I use the phone from NY, WV OH, PA and never had a problem. I hate the old brick nokia phone I have, but it still works good.

ATT can suck balls…they are the ball lickers!
their customer service is just teh suck
I was with them for 2 years…

Just switched to Verizon got my number ported without a single issue
Great coverage, unreal customer service!
Anybody want to buy an AudioVox 8900 camera phone ???

I have had Verizon since 1996. I haven’t had any problems with them at all. The coverage is good where I use it. I know a friend of mine has Verizon and it gets excellent signal everywhere EXCEPT her house. I think maybe it’s made of lead or something. I just got a new nerd phone and even it works great. I usually have 2/3 yellow bars or more. I need to up my text messages but I am not sure if it will mess up my current plan…

my nerd phone:

MY parents and I have had AT&T for two years now and we’ve never had any problem with them. We never had any signal problems or billing problems.

My brother has had Verizon for about 3 years now. Except for a couple billing screw ups, it’s been a good service to him. Never drops a call and it’s always clear.

Sprint sucks. Had them for a year before AT&T. It was great when you were in the city, Oakland, etc. but in the suburbs it blows. I could only use that phone in 2 rooms of my house. Going up 28 towards New Ken, good luck making a call. Two years later, friends of the fam had Sprint and they got rid of it. Dropped calls all over the place. Service didn’t improve. They do have really good plans, but it’s to cover up their shitty service.