synthetic oil?

i just bought some mobil one high performance synthetic oil 15W-50 (i think)

changing over to synthetic is ok right?? i dont need a different oil filter? (i did buy a new one, but it’s from nissan)

and i bought some TECH 1000 oil cleaner stuff, its supposed to clean out the engine before you change your oil, but you only add it right before you do your oil change
-add to existing oil
-let car run for 5-10 mins
-do oil change

Yes.
No.
Nissan OEM oil filters are the best for the Z32.

synthetic may not be such a great idea if the car has always been run on conventional oil becuase if there is a small leak anywhere it could turn into a big leak. I think that Synthetic is usually only benefitial to turbo cars because of the tempratures that the il can get up too breaks down conventional oils. I just use Castrol GTX 5W30 and change it every 3000 Km and have been happy so far but let us know how it turns out.

is the that same as the “blue” oil filter?

is the that same as the “blue” oil filter?[/quote]

Well, its blue now. Nissan discontinued the old part #, which was a grey filter. The blue one is more of a universal application, used for a more diverse assortment of their vehicle lines. AFAIK many people have made the transition to the blue filter without problem.

on the twin turbos of dallas www.ttzd.com it says that the “blue” filter superceeds the “white”(or grey) one

Correct.

Correct.[/quote]

:smiley: :smiley:

alright will do, and thx for the advice 8) :stuck_out_tongue:

i just bought some mobil one high performance synthetic oil 15W-50 (i think)

changing over to synthetic is ok right?? i dont need a different oil filter? (i did buy a new one, but it’s from nissan)

and i bought some TECH 1000 oil cleaner stuff, its supposed to clean out the engine before you change your oil, but you only add it right before you do your oil change
-add to existing oil
-let car run for 5-10 mins
-do oil change

Yes.
No.
Nissan OEM oil filters are the best for the Z32.

synthetic may not be such a great idea if the car has always been run on conventional oil becuase if there is a small leak anywhere it could turn into a big leak. I think that Synthetic is usually only benefitial to turbo cars because of the tempratures that the il can get up too breaks down conventional oils. I just use Castrol GTX 5W30 and change it every 3000 Km and have been happy so far but let us know how it turns out.

is the that same as the “blue” oil filter?

is the that same as the “blue” oil filter?[/quote]

Well, its blue now. Nissan discontinued the old part #, which was a grey filter. The blue one is more of a universal application, used for a more diverse assortment of their vehicle lines. AFAIK many people have made the transition to the blue filter without problem.

on the twin turbos of dallas www.ttzd.com it says that the “blue” filter superceeds the “white”(or grey) one

Correct.

Correct.[/quote]

:smiley: :smiley:

alright will do, and thx for the advice 8) :stuck_out_tongue: