SyracuseStreetRacers.com

http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1438&stc=1.

Honestly hows is this thread still going.Some of the people in this thread have some fast cars. The bigger shit talkers are just instigating drama(layzie mindless turblo and others who have some nice cars thats not directed at u).Syarcuse should just stop posting and instigating drama as well. You guys like bodykits and systems. nyspeed doesnt its fucking over.

What a rediculous statement. “MOST”?, Some maybe, but definately not most. The 'Cuse boys are in for a BIG surprize when they see what the 'burbs of Buff have. They may talk big, but most can and do back it up on the streets. See you in spring for some BS ending runs!

Tru. I think someone once said, “there’s no replacement for power added displacement”

And SSR are the Fagor queens…

well i only race 0-200 put up or shut up bitch:headbang:. no pussy cuse 165 pulls.

no i was refering to filter as in the user

oh, i was thinking of hydraulic lifters in an overhead cam engine, such as found in the typical import car, lol.

:biglaugh:

As far as the whole v8 vs 4cyl debate goes, this is how I feel on that subject.

V8 and RWD is where you want to be. Im not going to specify chevy, dodge, or ford, those are all different debates, but yeah…big power/torque comes from a well built v8. And drag racing is done better with that said platform.

However…turbocharging a 4 cylinder, or even any other type of engine that isn’t a v8, can pretty much make up for lack of displacement. Any type of engine can make horsepower. Its easily done in a v8 because it moves a large amount of air because of its displacement.

Ever see a naturally aspirated 1.8 engine make 400hp with about the same amount of torque? I haven’t. Ever see a turbocharged 4 cyl make 400hp? Pretty much everyone has, right?

Would any f-body or mustang guy drive a v8 powered honda civic? I highly doubt it. It would have to be a mustang/camaro/firebird or whatever.

I think the real debate is that v8/muscle car guys would rather drive a mustang/firebird etc… then an eclipse, honda, or any other car that isnt v8 powered. Fair enough. It comes down to style and preference on a vehicle, not what kind of engine it has.

I think everyone here that is educated knows that you can produce sick horsepower out of almost ANY type of engine whether it be rotary, 4cyl, 6 cyl, or a v8.

With that said, the replacement for displacement is called forced induction. :slight_smile:

pssssh wat about RWD inline 6s? yet still NOTHING compared to any v8, u can exclude them

You’re right. Any inline 6 engines i’ve seen are dogs. The only way Ive seen them make any impressive horsepower is with a turbo(s). Take a bmw for examply. Inline 6, rwd, and for the most part…not very impressive in bone stock form. Even with bolt ons, they are still pigs and wont compare to an LS1. But turbocharge that bmw, and its a solid performer. Cast iron block, aluminum head, its a good platform for some real timeslips.

I personally dont dislike anybody’s vehicle. I’m a huge WS6 fan. I’d like to own one some day. But for now, Im into my 91 talon. Its AWD, turbocharged, and its easy to mod. I enjoy driving it, and I like to be the underdog. I ran solid 11’s over 120mph in the 1/4 last year, and I get faster every season. :slight_smile:

what about the 2jz? or even 1jz? or any rb series motor?

those engines are solid pruven performers for sure. But in order to have that setup, you would need to buy a supra or skyline. Or stick that engine/drivetrain in something else, lol.

You’re clearly a complete fucking moron, like the rest of the Syracuse and that part of the state. Yeah, you know 4.7 0-60 and 12.9 stock are nothing impressive from an inline 6. Or you know that fact that with a set of cams you can make nearly 400hp. Oh yeah, that’s out of a 3.4L, yeah nothing impressive there, just 100+ hp/liter.

Shut the fuck up.

Edit, oh yeah, they havent been using Cast Iron blocks in 10 years.

sticking it in a lighter chassis is your best bet. and rb25’s can be had for like 3000 for a full swap these days, rb26’s are around 4.5-5k, though you will dump alot more into a project to get it all looking nice and fit properly

back to bashing on syracuse tho.

they currently have a poll going, to rename our beloved city, the choices are as follows

buffaloads
bufftards
buffaslow
and finally buffahoes

now, they are renaming our CITY so idk why 3 of the choices are plural

wheres franky?

Sorry, I was just referring to a plane jane bmw inline 6.

The only reason I was referring to cast iron blocks as good engines, is for turbocharging reasons. Cast iron blocks are a bit stronger.

Im not from syracuse BTW, but I dont think Im a complete fuckin moron. Relax dude.

+1

I don’t get why you guys feel the need to justify your shitty little rice burning POS with its 4 tiny cylinders and 1.6 “liters” of displacement making power with forced induction.

“My turbo sounds neato guys, Jee Wizz”

Yeah, Well my V8 sounds like lions fighting vikings.
Give me some cubic inches over some jap car any day.

Good joke.
I laughed a little.
I even made the funny parts bold

to each their own I suppose. :wink: