T bucket build for an officer in Arkansas - overhaulin style

Id say this is worth cross posting. these guys are taking a T bucket thats not currently drivable, or running, doesnthave paint and doesnt have interior, and turning it into a 100% completed car ready for the “Buckethead Bash” car show … which is July 14-19

seams like a close deadline, but after 2 evenings of work the car is stripped to nothing, all the body work is done, its primed and i BELIEVE the body is painted also. The frame has also been ground of extra BS and sandblasted.

if anyone should happen to have any parts laying around they wouldnt mind donating, i can put you in touch with the proper people. just sayin :slight_smile:

Ive got a secret - but it has to stay here. Please Please and please do not mention it on the xxx site or the other t bucket web sites. This is about xxxxx and he does not come here. YET
Rick Lucy (xxxx) is a Lieutenant on the Baxter county Sheriffs dept. He has done a lot for Me, this community and for the T bucket events in Mountain Home. We have been working with Rick to help him get a bucket done in time for the Bash.

Unfortunately Ricks son Heath was in a serious car wreck last Fri. and had to be air evacuated to Springfield Mo and has been in ICU ever since. His progress is slow but steady and that is good. Rick is up in Springfield and plans on staying there through the weekend.

A couple of his fellow officers came to me to day and asked if there was any way we could make his bucket just drivable by the Bash. My wife Ann had already asked the question. My answer was a simple NO. We ain’t going to make his bucket just drivable, we are going to make it Awesome.
I made a few calls and tomorrow night 6/25 at 5:30 we are going to gather at Spirit Industries and build a bucket. I think we will do some video and may even try a live broad cast. And we will take lots of pics. So please keep the secret and come be part of the project even if it is just cheering us on from here.

[quote=“hulkamania”"]

Rick has wanted a t bucket for a long time…he used to come to the shop all the time just wishing and talking about when he sold his house he would start one but now it is going to be a reality for him. You should see the color he wants. I am not going to say the color or show the color you will just have to wait for the pics. Rick and I have been storing parts back for him for quite sometime(just don’t tell BC ;))So if you called to spirit and wanted to order a part and I said that we were out of stock then you knew it was on Ricks table(just kidding)…Everytime he talks about his bucket and once he started working on his t bucket, he just had this glow in his face. Last year we had a spec car and let him drive it and I think he put 500 miles on it within the week. He certainly drove the fire out of it. Everytime you seen him in the car he was smiling from ear to ear and if you know Rick he don’t smile alot.(;)) He deserves this car and I was glad to see his fellow officers chip in for Rick. Rick does alot for the bash getting cruises organized and he loves to do it too. He wants every T bucket guy to have a blast. Rick and the Baxter County Sheriffs office are a bunch of good guys and most of them would help anyone out in a moments notice. You always hear about the Sheriffs office helping someone. Our hats go off to the sheriff, and officers without them the bash wouldn’t be fun. I tried to get BC to do a show Pimp my T(;)), but he wasn’t sure on that. I would like to thank all you guys out in the t-bucket land for your comments and support for this build. Stay tuned to this board for updates, and times for video, and links to video. Thanks again for your support…I am just glad we can be a part of this awesome build… thanks again…Josh

[/quote]

[quote=“hulkamania”"]

Thank you from these fine sponsors for their generous donations:

Sheriff John Montgomery(www.baxtercountysheriff.com)

Ron Pope(Home Page)

Greg (manager of Mountain home O’reilly)

Chris and Nicole Carter(Carter’s Jewel Chest, Mountain Home, Arkansas - Professional Jewelers, Gemologist, Goldsmith, Master Watchmaker, Appraisers & Sales Jewelry Experts.)

Powertrain Industries

Industrial Powder Coating

Superbell Axle Company(Pete & Jakes - SuperBell -)

Benny Magness

Speedway Motors (www.speedwaymotors.com)

R & E (R & E Paint Supply)

Racing Power Company (Racing Power Company)

[/quote]

[quote=“B.C.”"]

You can watch the video from yesterday by clicking here.

[/quote]

Who is “these guys?” That’s some stand-up shit right there.

ringleaders: the men and women of Spirit Industries, one of the larger names in T buckets

Ron Pope Motorsports is another supplier of T parts whos helping to supply parts along with Super Bell (hot rod parts in general) and Speedway Motors (hot rods and circle track parts)

the rest of the names on the list are friends of Rick Lucy and businesses in that area.

and i was just informed that the delivery date of the finished car is the FOURTH … these guys are hauling ass on this build

x-post some pics of it if they put some up. Interested to see what develops :tup:

the boatflake shows up way larger then it really is

Here is the link to the Rick Lucy car build

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1632702459

first post is by Rick Lucy, the man the car was built for

Meh, I dont like it

oh my god, that paint kills any coolness a glass bucket would ever have

i like it, its not a color id paint one of my cars but thats just me. the car was built to be somewhat old school, and the color fits.

Ok, so the car looks really nice. But, It seems like a very simple car, Seems like it is VERY easy to work on and that once things roll out of paint/powdercoat that it would be easy to assemble it. I don’t really think it compares to overhaulin builds.

I think the reference was more in that a car was built for someone as a surprise.

gotcha

Agree on the color, but if someone built that for me I wouldn’t kick it out. These are a riot to go down the street in, 50 mph feels like 95. And they’ll run pretty good too…

That Bob Knight guy looks like a gnarly dude :tup:

ok, say its now your job to build a car for a deserving person, and you can do it one of 2 ways:

A: you lead a team of volunteers in a small Arkansas town, you have zero budget, 2 days notice before you start the build, a small shop to do the work in, and you have to do it after your day job. You have about a dozen people that are actually going to help build the car. A large % of the build cost will be paid for BY YOU.

B: you lead a team of professionals, your followed by a team of camera men, you have months to prepare, your build will be shown on national TV, you have a head designer for the project. million dollar companies give you free parts just so that their name is shown on tv (because its cheaper then having a commercial made / aired) you have numerous state of the art shops that can do the work for you. You have at least 80 people that are going to help w/ the car.

which ones gonna be an easier, flashier build ?

sorry that the T wasn’t a complicated enough build for ya. I would ask that you please show us how its done. Know anyone that deserves something like this? cause ill be happy to donate to a build done by you for someone else just like i did on this one, ill even lend a hand.

or just realize that i said “overhaulin style”, which obviously meant the car was taken from its owner, the build was kept a secret from said owner, and was returned to him in 7 days in finished form.

mehh, misunderstood why it was ‘overhaulin style’

I already said I liked the car…

its nice but the paint looks like it was destined to be on a 1982 bass boat

Here is the final list for donations on the Lucy Car Build:

Sheriff Montgomery
Greg(manager of Mountain Home O’reilly)
Chris and Nicole Carter
Powertrain Industries
Industrial Powder Coating
Super Bell Axle Company
Benny Magness
Speedway Motors
R&E Paint
Racing power Company
Ron Hopman
Napa
Walmart
Spokes
Doug Coffey
Michael Pratt
IMS
Lee Metcalfe
HRK Fab
David Shipman
Fast Eddie
Natural State Rod and Custom Car Club
Jason Baker
Sheriff’s Dept

and all the other people or donated their time. I am sorry if I left anyone else off. There were alot of people that helped on this car. I would like to thank everyone for following this posts, all the prayers, kind words and concern. Thanks again