***TAKING IT A STEP FURTHER***

ladies and gents,

i wonder what you guys think of this idea.

SON charity work.

by this i mean, periodic events where a handful of members from this club go out into the community and engage in community services.

back in high-school i served food at a homeless shetler thingy, it wasnt that bad at all.

in fact i am sure they would love to have us help out.

there are several reasons why this IS a good idea.

firstly, many of our high-school members have to do this anyways, so doing so with people from this club would be killing a few birds with the same stone.

also, we could snap a few pics at these events and add a charity section on the home-page

these would amount to publicity stunts essentially, but there would be multiple-fold benefits for all involved.

this kind of experience looks remarkably good on your resume, and with so many people her looking for work all the time i would think that we all want to pad the resumes.

it also builds a solid reputation for SON and takes a step in a completely different direction. instead of being a bunch of kids crazed about their cars, we become a group in enthusiasts looking to further our lives and enhance the lives of others around us that are not so fortunate.

also, this kind of work would contradict any hype about the club being a dangerous association, and will work in anyone’s defense in a court of law, be it traffic court or criminal court.

believe me, i wish i had my community serivce on record before my run in with the law, and not afterwards.

soooo

who would be interested in taking part?

obviously not everyone will want to, but if there are a handful of people that are interested i can set up some stuff.

if anyone has ideas of other types of charity work that owuld be great too.

http://www.dailybread.ca/vol.cfm?subsection=gro

Thanks Marc :wink:

that is a very good idea :wink:

i would be intrested to help out …(hopfully i wont be workin on the days) as much as i can.

Our local tri-cities club set up a charity car wash, and it was very successful, so i know that this will also be great.

it will be a time for us to help out the community and also for the club to bond better.

Let us know the days you were thinking.
Also heck what would be better then a car club doing a car wash and donating the $$$$ to charty.

I think that is another great thing that we can do.

i wouldnt mind lending a hand with stuff, but what exactly did you have in mind?

something like that may get media attention and then also if we play our cards right possible nissan sponsership for the club.

sigh publicity stunts for positive image…

in a general sense we should charity work with no expectations what so ever…

I agree that we need to help clean up the import image. volunteering for community service, donations, etc are all good ideas…

Perhaps we should all vote on few things the club should focus on and try to see how we can help out…

The food bank is a good idea… what about meals on wheels??

I still have to get 20 hours of community service for highschool so I’m down.

alex,it isnt solely a publicity stunt, obviously.

as for car wash and all that jazz, that requires alittle more organization that i am looking for for a first or second try.

M if you and some KW katz can set it up i’ll be there if possible.

my idea was sort of along the lines of several of us, as many as 15 as little as 4-5 shoing up at places like the food bank, or a place called"out of the cold" in st. catharines and just helping out.

snap a pic or two of us in action and put up a little section on the homepage.

it would look great, and no one should complain about charity work.

good idea :thumright:

I think this is a great idea. I’m willing to help out aswell. It will give SON240SX a much better reputation, than just a bunch of kids with little japanese cars and no respect for road rules lol.

can we sell our bodies to hot women and donate the money to charity?

Well, we could whore ourselves out to fifty fat chicks for $100 a piece…

Fat chicks need lovin’ too, they just have to pay for it.

:? i don’t know what you do for fun Maurice :lol:

I’ll pimp you out for $100 a piece to the fat chicks, $95 for me, $5 for you.

We could also host a charity car show, a local car club did that in my area last year. Get sponsors for the show, police cooperation, makes the club look good, and all profits go to a charity of our choice.

Prizes for different classes etc.

Shouldn’t be too hard to organize.

Now that I really really like.

Lets go for it. I will do what I can to help.

I’ll pimp you out for $100 a piece to the fat chicks, $95 for me, $5 for you.[/quote]

Fat chicks are great… until your friends find out.

Then they want some of your money.

That’s a great idea Bing! I’m 100% in on this one, anywhere and any way I can help.