Taking payments on a car

[quote=“sureshot!,post:40,topic:36226"”]

it’s not because you are shady ( i mean you drive an EF, i’ve never heard of a shady EF driver :lol: ) it’s just the situation in general.

that being said though, I’ll loan you the money if you don’t get it from a bank, but the APR is gonna be uncomfortable on your asshole.

[/quote]

hmmmm how uncomfortable? :hay:

pretty uncomfortable.

and you’d have to set up a % of your (bi-)weekly check from work to direct deposit to one of my bank accounts

shrug, you’d be better off getting a loan from the bank, or credit union.

[quote=“sureshot!,post:42,topic:36226"”]

pretty uncomfortable.

and you’d have to set up a % of your (bi-)weekly check from work to direct deposit to one of my bank accounts

shrug, you’d be better off getting a loan from the bank, or credit union.

[/quote]

hmm well i find out today if my dad can co-sign or not…so PM me how much of a % you would want lol.

This is a nightmare waiting to explode.

[quote=“Pauly,post:44,topic:36226"”]

This is a nightmare waiting to explode.

[/quote]

Don’t be so cynical old man. What could go wrong? You just keep to your banks and your registered repair shops. :whip:

This has Peoples Court written all over it.

i did this with a car o owned when i was 17 years old and i had no clue who the other guy was… worked out perfectly tho… who knows

AND couldnt you sell him the car, but keep it titled in your name but registered in his till its paied off? but then we’d have to worry about YOU ripping him off!

i wanna work out something like…say i have the car…but he has the title and i dont get it until its paid off

Well, (someone correct me if I’m wrong) but that would also involve you driving around on his registration and thus his insurance.

nooo i wouldnt drive the car…it wouldnt be registered until i got the title…sorry i should have mentioned that in my post

So you take posession of the car, but don’t drive it until it’s paid for? Why not just save some money and then buy a car? What’s so special about this one?

i dunno…lol. i’m very picky when it comes to cars…i cant just hop in anyone and drive away, and i want a honda…i probably sound like a baby and that i cry until i get what i want haha (which is not the case lol)

If you wouldnt drive the car, just give him the deposit, have him hold it and sign something, and take it when you have the money?

i was thinking that too…but the payment thing is a last resort if i cant get a loan…ugh i hate being 18 and having no credit :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“JDMjunkie,post:54,topic:36226"”]

i was thinking that too…but the payment thing is a last resort if i cant get a loan…ugh i hate being 18 and having no credit :stuck_out_tongue:

[/quote]

I hear ya dude.

If you are interested in paying me payments and I’ll hold on to the car untill it’s paid for I’m down with that.

I have a heated garage and I can keep the car in there for as long as you want.

good luck on the loan let me know how it goes

dont feel bad im 22 with nothing on my credit report. It was a hassle to get a mortgage on my own. It will work out in the end,hope u get the car.

I wouldn’t do it, Just offer to hold the car for him for awhile. Maybe take the grand to hold it, but I’d offer to atleast give the money back to him if he can’t get a loan… I wouldn’t take a payment plan from anyone unless it was family and even then, thats not the best idea sometimes :gotme:

[quote=“sedlmeier101,post:55,topic:36226"”]

I hear ya dude.

If you are interested in paying me payments and I’ll hold on to the car untill it’s paid for I’m down with that.

I have a heated garage and I can keep the car in there for as long as you want.

good luck on the loan let me know how it goes

[/quote]

thanks dude…i find out soon so whats going on…ill give you a call at 5 when im on break :tup:

All you people saying tough luck must not remember what its like being 18. If someone does this for him it (without sounding corny) will touch his life forever. (assuming he cant get the loan) it will give him an opportunity that otherwise he would never have. He will now have equity for the first time which later may go towards a house or maybe even collateral towards a bigger loan.

Im all for opportunity and risk taking… If I was making 50k a year or had money banked that was just going to be sitting, I would just slap a 20% rate on his head and swing away.

^^^ im with you i remember being 18 and mommy and daddy didn’t buy me a car i had to work for it so i had something similar happen so thank god for the guy who let me make payments to him when i was done handed keys plus title over i then had some equity to take out a small 500 dollar loan and build credit from there