Payment refusal - advice?

Hey guys,

So as some of you know I sold my old hatch to another member on here about 4 months ago. He agreed to pay my asking price of $3000 certified and e-tested. I then realized my safety was up and told him. He wanted a discount, which was fair. So we agreed upon an as-is parts where-is price of $2800. I spent all day with him at his uncle’s shop getting the safety done, had to have some minor stuff replaced such as rotors. HE gave me $2500 cash on the spot and told me by next week he would give me the other $300. We met up and I only recieved $200 and he told me he’d pay me the other $100. It’s been 4 months and he isn’t returning my calls or PM’s.

Sure this maybe a small amount, but it’s the principle of the thing. I need this money now to do other things.

I have left their name out as not to humiliate them publicly, but I need some advice on what to do here.

Thanks,
Dan

u sold him a car and u dont have any other info of him other then his #? u can go to his house or his uncle and grab that 100$… do u have it in WRITING? that full payment is given and recieved by both? … theres was a legal verbal agreement of 100$ left, this isnt usa that u can sue for anything. and even if u do, small claim court will take u to the next year.

send them to collections

I know where he lives, I know where his uncle’s shop is. I have his home number and that’s it. As far as I was told, he didn’t have a cell phone.

Being a little more up front is a great start… swing by his house, talk to his parents. Talk to his uncle. It’s never good when your family members start asking why you haven’t settled your dues. I would imagine the presence of this thread alone will likely spark prompt payment.

good luck!

That’s what I was hoping. :slight_smile:

that is a very kniving strategy…

i like it a lot

haha, its amazing what people will do to try to rip someone off by $100.

its also amazing what people will risk to save that 100.
if osad was a bad bad man, he’d call up his boys and unleash an onslaught of damage to the buyer and property.

good luck to you osad hope you get your cash soon.

I am a bad bad man. But unfortunately I have no ‘boyzz’ :frowning:

i got boys!
and bats
and semi fast cars LOL!
nah, conflict is not the right way :slight_smile:

this thread is boring…

its $100… im over it… you?

Hey Bing, I’ll give youe $300 for that intercooler kit, the rest later on…deal?

Thats what me funk :mad:

Never give the ownership unless you have received payment in full, in cash or certified cheque otherwise you run into problems like this. It’s good to be a nice guy, but if your too nice some people will take advantage of it and walk all over you. When it comes to business if you give them an inch, they will try to take a mile. I hope you get your $100.00 good luck.

Thanks John, I hope so too.

Like I said Bing, it’s not the amount that matters. I worked hard for that money, and it belongs to me. That money would be going to you anyways for some much needed parts, as I told you the other night! :stuck_out_tongue:

u want ur money? most ppl only understand one thing when it comes to payin debts. by comin on here cryin about him ur just lettin him laugh at his computer screen and brush u off. now grab ur balls go to his house out of the blue. dont call him or threatn him or anything. just show up, with a bat in ur hand. dont hit him, dont threatn him or even look at the bat. just hold it by ur side. look him in the eyes and say i want my fukn money. i know where u live, u have 24 hours, and walk away. the next day around the same time, call him from a payphone. i bet he’ll have ur money. and remember take a buddy or 2 with u when u go to collect cuz he might of grown a set of balls over night. quite simply bein a nice guy doesn’t allways work. sometimes u gotta man up to get ur money. and remember, dont threatn him, and dont touch him and talk in a calm stern voice. u’ll feel like a million bucks when u get ur money too.

Osad, looks like you met your match.
One rule of business, don’t hand the product over until you get ALL the money.

Andrew.

Ya Andrew, you’re right LOL. It was my mistake for doing that.

And khoolie, I appreciate you’re advice, however I don’t live in a fantasy world. Please keep your hollywood blockbusters to yourself. But thanks for trying to help dude :slight_smile:

Sucks when U try to trust people and all they do is f–k you around!

Im with everyone else… go to his house… let his family know of the debts… keep on him about it… forget the phone as is doesent seem to work… deal with it face to face. LOL BUt in a nice way i guess…

im not talkin fantasy bro. this forum is the fantasy world if u think cryin and bitchin will get ur money. someone owes u money u gotta get paid. thats real life not fantasy son. u think bein a nice guy is gunna get u paid? buddys just gunna laugh at u and brush u off and think ur a pussy. dont be a pushover, now be a man and go get ur money!

mafia breaks knee caps
banks take ur house and ruin ur credit
government sezies ur assets and sometimes kidnap u (prision)

thats the way the world works, anyway u look at it, ppl only respond to violence whether it physical, emotional, or whatever.
seriously, think about it