Tax people, PLEASE come in here

A lot of bullshit advice in this thread.

Maybe he should just get a Jackson Hewitt debit card with 70 percent interest, and get a tax refund loan!!

Seriously.

Talk to an accountant. If you are a refund filer, then the IRS isn’t going to go out of their way to give you money. You need to file for it.

Your parents are ignorant idiots, and they probably cost you several hundred dollars per year. If you were just a kid going to school, and working a bullshit job, then you will be a refund filer (unless you did something seriously wrong).

Don’t go to H and R block. My brother works there seasonally, and its absolute bullshit what they charge people to do simple ass tax returns.

I use the taxfreedom program, and its basically turbotax for free with free e-file. I do mine and my girlfriends taxes. It takes no more than 30 minutes to do both of our returns, and ours have gotten semi complex with student loan interest, 401k’s and the like.

If you don’t feel comfortable doing this, then my father has an accountant who charges him 75 dollars to do his taxes. They go in there and talk for an hour, and the accountant does a bang up job and offers him advice on what deductions to take.

Just go talk to someone honest about it, and get them filed. The IRS probably owes you some money.