Tax prep at H&R Block--want $25 off?

Hi, my wife just started working for H&R Block this year (no flames please), and she’s got some $25 off coupon/cards to give to family and friends. I just thought I’d let you folks here have one if you want one, since you’re all friends lol. No strings attached. PM me, and I’ll get one to you, but please only if you’re going to use it! Thanks
Rob

If we get one we don’t have to use it on her right?

Its the whole experience thing… the only reason I pay to get it done, is because I don’t have any experience doing it.

Unless she has been doing it for a while, then I might give her a try

How much does it cost to get them done before the coupon?

You can use it anywhere, any office, etc. Their fees vary by the complexity of the return, from $100 to $300 or more (if you have rental properties, itemized deductions, etc). The newly trained/hired people aren’t certified to do any of the more advanced type returns, so the experience thing works the other way too.

I got a guy that’s been doing my taxes for the last 3-4 years…never costs me more than 30-40 dollars…

I have been going to H&R block for years. Although it costs me $300, the person I go to finds enough deductions to cover his money and a lot more. So just because someone is cheaper does not mean you are saving money.

Slasky, I definitely agree with you there, the one year I had some complications to my return, and tried doing it through some off the shelf tax software, but I was unsure if the amount I figured out was right, so I went to the local H&R and they charged me $100 but I got back about $500 more than what I had figured out trying to do it on my own.

Same goes for me, $250 ish last time, and a huge return.

This year is going to be sick, I paid more in taxes than my wife made all year.
I hope to get a very large part of it back.

Turbo Tax FTW!

:word:

I’ve used Turbo Tax, and if shit is pretty simple with your earnings/deductions, it’s fucking awesome.

However, I have a lot of other shit - and a real person also rocks…

i personally had a pretty bad experience with H&R block. i would never go there again (well, that coupled with the fact that when i went there i was not an accountant, nor was i a cpa, which i now am).

does not mean my experience is indicative of all, but i certainly did not have a good one.

bump for tax season, still have a few $25 off coupon cards

im paying to get mine done this year, i have a guy though already - good offer though, :tup: to you