taxes rant....i hate NYS

ok, so i get my w2’s in the other day, so i did a quick calulation to figure out how much im getting back…now i have been making consistantly the same amount of money every year, but somehow every year i get screwed over WORSE AND WORSE on the FRIGGEN taxes!!! this year i took out alot extra because last year i only ended up geting back $1.83 between the federal return and how much i owed the state, and this year i was hoping to get a decent amount back from taking out so much extra…but somehow i only get $90 back from federal(less back than last year) and owe the state $45…so half of it is gone ANYWAY…HOW THE HELL DOES THAT WORK!!!:rant:

/rant

how does one go about calculating how much est. there getting back

i used a blank form from the library and filled in all the info

wow, that sucks nick. sorry to hear, I dont know how that works out. I ended up with like +$500 from Fed, and -$38 for NY.

do some reading online. You can deduct all kinds of shit. Laptops, cell phones, church donations(yeah right) … you can get $$ back… research

i hear you. I think i actually owe alot of money because my internship over the summer took out 0 from my paycheck. they basically put it on my shoulders, and i think they even put their half of the social security on me as well.
there goes a thousand dollars.