TCI's new 6 speed 4l80e

http://video.lsxtv.com/video_detail.php?mId=7731

Came across this… it still only has 1 over drive… which sucks

but has an optional paddle shifter

figured some of you auto-x-ers might like it

that would be worth buying an ls1. very cool.

sweet

Say no to an auto trans for AutoX. They are only for drag racing and queer bait like Darkstain

Care to explain why? I’m not a big auto-x-er but since 5 of those gears are power gears (the 5th gear is 1:1), they will be pretty close ratio… letting the auto-x-ers’ and road course guys really stay in their power band.

and I dont think this transmission would be really good for a drag car, because it has too many gears. 4 shifts down a track is too many…

that is awesome~!

I get what you’re saying dan, but with all the fast steering required on a auto-x course it it super hard to use paddles while sawing the wheel back and forth. Road course duty would be sublime with something like that.

99% of the time in autox all you need in 2nd gear. Road racing is a different story, long as the tranny didn’t mind the 30+ mins of abuse. But for that it would be alot more useful. Botching/missing a shift on road course is never a good thing. Be nice to know that couldn’t happen to your car.

tci made it tho…thats enough for me to not want it

this is true

+2

its just a regular 4380e just controlled different. i looked up the gear ratios they are 2.97, 2.23, 1.57, 1.18, 1.0, .75. if you do the math second gear is .75 of fist gear, and fourth is .75 of third. so its just using the overdrive gear to split the first two gears into four ratios. basically they made a controller for controlling the gear spliting and selling it as a whole kit. i think it is a waste of money.

That controller with the paddles has been out for awhile.

Its wireless so you cant have to cars next to each other with the same setup. or you could shift each other cars. Fim

Good info. I wonder why GM doesn’t do that from the factory? A 6 speed auto would be a nice option.

think they do have 6 speed autos now. think the new vettes have em

a POS ford fusion has a 6 spd auto as an option. I would hope a top of the line sports car would have it also, but then again, it is a GM product.

6l80e are gm’s 6 speed autos.

it’s actually smaller than a 4l80e.

but doing a conversion with it is tricky because it is fully internally electronically controlled.