:tdown: to Mike Smith GMC/Buick/Pontiac

my equinox doesn’t even get 24mpg on the highway… I love your posts man! I can’t wait until you buy your next car.

I worked at West Herr for almost 6 years, and I remember their policy was to fill new cars completely and used cars to half tank. I’ve never understood it since typically dealerships make more money on used cars, but that is what we did.

So far I think the best advise on here has been to go straight to the owner of the dealership. I used to see a lot of unreasonable customers get what they wanted when the complained to the higher ups.

Also, whenever I think of a sensible vehicle for a college student, a late model, fully loaded 3/4 ton pickup is the first thing that comes to mind. Not a mid-90s Civic, Corolla, or Golf.

If you’re such a truck guy, why not get a Tacoma or Frontier? Or even a Colorado with it’s horribly cheap interior, but charming 5 cyl.

You best put an exhaust on that, or at least cut-outs. At least let the 8.1 breathe

Hey, Mike Smith is my father you asswhole… jk

That is pretty shitty customer relations… im glad a post like this was made b/c now whne it comes time for me to buy a new car, I will most likely remeber, “Mike Smith, oh I have heard bad things about them”

i would have been happy with a half tank of gas, or ANYTHING that was more than they gave me. and yeah, it’ll get exhaust eventually. its a little quiet right now.

heres how i see the gas thing: i reset all the trip computers when i filled up, a. I have observed that I have used SLIGHTLY more gas (like 2 or 3 gallons) than i would have used in the GTO. now, combine that with the fact that i dont have to spend the extra whatever on 93 octane gas (GTO needed that), the fact that my car payments are lower, and that my insurance was about cut in half, and I’m still coming out a little bit ahead. even if the gas IS a little more than the GTO, the truck is saving me money elsewhere so it makes up for it.

[quote=“MOBOOST4U,post:84,topic:28128"”]

Hey, Mike Smith is my father you asswhole… jk

That is pretty shitty customer relations… im glad a post like this was made b/c now whne it comes time for me to buy a new car, I will most likely remeber, “Mike Smith, oh I have heard bad things about them”

[/quote]

I had a good experience with the sales staff for sure. I walked in there, said “im interested in this truck, this is what i have, this is what i need my payments to be, what can we work out?” and i was REALLY impressed at how hard they worked to get the deal ironed out for me and got me where i wanted to be with my payments. unfortunately, the new car prep people dropped the ball with it and then wouldnt cooperate following up.

EDIT: the GM Certified Pre-Owned Warranty (5 Years/100K) was a nice little bonus too. and FYI, GM “claims” its only on 2004 and newer Pre-Owned cars and trucks, but as i found out through my work, some 02 and 03s qualify as well, but its a “don’t ask dont tell” kind of thing, so you have to ask for it.

1989 civic = 40 mpg = lower insurance = 87 octane = saving money.

[quote=“MikeRi24,post:85,topic:28128"”]

i would have been happy with a half tank of gas, or ANYTHING that was more than they gave me. and yeah, it’ll get exhaust eventually. its a little quiet right now.

heres how i see the gas thing: i reset all the trip computers when i filled up, a. I have observed that I have used SLIGHTLY more gas (like 2 or 3 gallons) than i would have used in the GTO. now, combine that with the fact that i dont have to spend the extra whatever on 93 octane gas (GTO needed that), the fact that my car payments are lower, and that my insurance was about cut in half, and I’m still coming out a little bit ahead. even if the gas IS a little more than the GTO, the truck is saving me money elsewhere so it makes up for it.

[/quote]

or you could have been smart and bought a car that got way better gas milage and saved yourself a lot of money.

Seriously, unless you actually use that truck for what it is ment for on a regular basis, that was one stupid purchse.

Didnt he say he was starting a landscaping business?

this would be the work truck.

If you really cared about saving money you would of bought an econo box like a focus, civic, etc. That is one big ass truck though.

[quote=“The_Russian,post:89,topic:28128"”]

Didnt he say he was starting a landscaping business?

this would be the work truck.

[/quote]

my friend and i do a little work here and there on the side, but he has a truck as well so its not like i NEED one for that, but it will be used for it.

[quote=“jeeves744,post:88,topic:28128"”]

or you could have been smart and bought a car that got way better gas milage and saved yourself a lot of money.

Seriously, unless you actually use that truck for what it is ment for on a regular basis, that was one stupid purchse.

[/quote]

Who are we to tell him what he should value?

While that may be excessive to some of us, im sure he has his reasons.

I want a bv-206…(http://www.chameleoninc.com/snowcats/BV206/BV206.JPG)
And ill be damed if anyone tells me its not worth while

[quote=“MOBOOST4U,post:92,topic:28128"”]

Who are we to tell him what he should value?

While that may be excessive to some of us, im sure he has his reasons.

I want a bv-206…(http://www.chameleoninc.com/snowcats/BV206/BV206.JPG)
And ill be damed if anyone tells me its not worth while

[/quote]

Whe your reasons for selling a GTO is to finish school, save money, move out, and pretty reduce costs, you dont go out and buy a big truck. If he wanted a truck he should have gotten a small one. So like i said, if he isnt using it for what its ment for then its a stupid purchase, just like ever other idiot that buys an big truck/suv and never uses it for its intended purpose.

i award you no points

and may god have mercy on your soul

[quote=“MikeRi24,post:48,topic:28128"”]

snip

[/quote]

sweet fancy moses.

$10 says mommy and daddy buy everything for you.

edit- i hate when i see people driving around in trucks with nothing in the beds. if you have shit to haul, or your fucking DOING WORK then good. do work. you need that truck to do work.

It’s a nice truck, you’re a dumbass for excepting it in the condition it was in, your reasoning is retarded for everything, including : “getting pulled over for no reason”

I drove a galant with a loud ass 3.5" exhaust and only got pulled over like, twice, because I was being stupid. I lived in amhert the whole time also.

I’m sure many other GTO owners can attest to not gettin pulled over randomly.

“want to save money to finish school”

Don’t buy a car - it’s the worst investment ever.

[quote=“Joe,post:49,topic:28128"”]

that thing is bigger than your house

[/quote]

holy christ. how did this post not get more attention? i LOL’d. :lol:

i don’t care what you say about payments, that truck was a stupid fucking buy. i didn’t think your GTO was a smart one either. they were both stupid buys. in your situation, an old tacoma is a smart buy. a 1990 honda anything is a smart buy. a ford ranger is a smart buy. a 2500HD a daily that involves commuting to school and a job isn’t an intelligent buy.

it’s your money though. do what you do. if you’re happy :tup:

lol. i think this is the only thread that’s ever made me agree with jeeves.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:3,topic:28128"”]

Uhh… was this more of an impulse buy?

[/quote]

I think this says it all :mamoru:

I loooooove trucks, but I still have no idea how you kept getting pulled over all the time in the GTO. But whatever floats your boat.