Teach me about headlights...

OK someone enlighten me about differnt kinds of headlights… i searched everywhere and cannot find answers I know absolutly nothing about headlights and I hope somone can define what they are…

FOr example… regular headlights EX: chevy silverado

My jaguar x-type has Xnenon lights i belive? they are clear with a sort of bluish tint to them… but i assume they are differnt than a scion TC which has blue lights also…

SO, what are…HID (high intense discharge)… projectors…halogens…xneonon(sp?)…BIxneonon… ect… somone give me a quick crash course…

somebody explain the magnifying lens. those are really weird.

briefly:
projectors are a type of housing. It’s a curved convex lens that the bulb sits behind. There are typically light gates, or cutoffs, behind the lens, that give the light a nice straight cutoff.

Halogen bulbs are standard incandescent bulbs. You can get them in various colors, but nearly all of them suck.

xenon = HID. These are more kin to flourescent light’s as they need a very high arcing voltage, hence the need for ballasts and igniters. The current used for operation is less than halogen bulbs.

Bixenon is a way of saying the car’s hi/lo beams are both HID. Some setups physically move the light gate. (mechanical bixenon) There are also dual “filament” hid bulbs, where the luminosity actually increases based on electrical input to the bulb.

CHeck www.hidplanet.com or www.hidforum.com

simply

HID’s are pimptastic
Halogens are not

Purple lights are for ricers

my hid’s are pretty purple. but them shits hot.

Yeah that was directed at you. <3:D

that was som good info, i was thinking projectors were like HID, but i was away off
am still going to get projectors b/c the price is rite.