Tell us about your Radar Detector!

V1 own my paycheck. lol…

i think i might end up getting it anyway…hm…very tasty.

some day…when i have $400 laying around…i will definitely own teh mighty V1 , hehe

i have a pretty basic one but it does it job right now and im happy :slight_smile:

sigh…it’ll be damn great if there’s a GB on V1…

I have a Uniden GPSRD… I know I know it’s not a V1, but it suits it’s purpose. It normally picks up radar about a mile away on a straight road, little less on the twisties and has saved my ass a couple of times, but I don’t solely rely on it. And the best part of the unit is that it is GPS enabled. So I tells me:

Current Speed
-dead on ballz acurate (all of my cars have been about 4 mph slower than what the gauge cluster says)
Max Speed
-useful for high speed runs when you don’t have time to look at the cluster
Distance from where you are to a certain city
-How long it will take you to get to that city traveling at the current speed
It will memorize where the false locations are and not beep when you drive through them
Can set reminders where the speed traps are on any road
-It will beep when you’re about a mile away from the trap area. It definatley saves you from that instant on and Laser because I’m not traveling 61 on by the trap zone when everone else is flying past me getting nailed.

There’s a bunch of other features but those are the ones I use the most.

I give it 2:tup:

i use my hawk eyes to spot cops miles ahead

^Lol…knock2

anywhooo…talking about GPS…

wouldn’t it be great if there’s such software which can detect the area surrounding your car? LOL…

a GPS radar software…w0w…hm!

I have a Cobra Laser/Radar Detector with all the shizzle, and I use my eyes, the detector is just insurance. Mine was only $100.

:word:

us 3000gt’s all roll the same…kill me

I bought one for 40 bucks and it saved me once or twice so far

got my v1 used for 300, saved me from a speeding ticket on the 90.

was 11pm, traveling around 90mph. V1 goes on ka band, i slow down, and there he is, the cop. lol

but you can’t rely on it, just be alert, i had several close calls where i would acclerate hard and see a cop on the other side of the road.

Passport 8500 X50 here… I think the detection is about exactly even with the V1, i’ve rolled with people with them and we have about the exact same reaction time. The V1 is basically $100 more for the arrows, its just whether they’re worth it to you…

8500 X50 here. Picked up cops everytime, no tickets.

BTW the bestbuy discount is 180ish, just under 200 after tax.

hmm…shoot…i might be cancellling my plan for the V1…and get some rsx leather seat with heater on it for my vic…lol

ive got some p.o.s. detector from radio shack that I found in a basement, and it works just fine, gotten me out of trouble a bunch of times.

The most recent being heading east on the 90 toward albany, just a ways outside of buffalo, Im cruizing in the passing lane doing 85 or so, passing a big group of cars. Radar is totally quiet then all the sudden goes CRAZY, so I hit the brakes, and see the cop, hiding on the right, I pull into the driving lane, the cop pulls out, and pulls over one of the people I just finshed passing…