Tesla Model III (3, Three) $35k

I went to the Tesla event last Thursday at the Pierce Arrow Museum, fit and finish of the Model 3 was impressive in person. I thought it would be an obvious downgrade from the Model S but it was not so.

nice

Musk is sleeping in the factory now, taking control over production… It’s certainly self promotion and made to counteract the recent bad press. But will it work?

https://assets.bwbx.io/images/users/iqjWHBFdfxIU/iFpkbQOhI_Y0/v5/640x-1.png

Musk is such a baller. I should have tried harder during the interview process but I’m really not about SF.

Anything to keep those tax dollars flowing a little longer.

OT but hearing stories about how crazy high the cost of living is there. I think Peter Thiel just moved his people to LA because there was that much of a difference.

Yea, when comparing LA to SF it was another 800/month for comparable housing. I have a few friends who went from LA to SF for different companies and their pay increase more than offset the cost of living but it’s still bonkers .

Dual motor coming?

In response to a Twitter user who asked when we can expect the all-wheel-drive variant of the massively hyped electric sedan (“My car has been sitting in the configuration for months waiting on it”), Tesla CEO Elon Musk replied with an approximate month. For this prediction to come true, Tesla must reach its second production target. It missed the first.

“We need to achieve 5k/week with Model 3 before adding complexity that would inhibit production ramp,” Musk tweeted. “So probably July.”

July? Okay Elon. Keep feeding the hype machine.

40% of their parts still continue to require re-tooling. They can’t even mass produce or source parts to produce 2,000 cars a week.

Have they even fulfilled any $35,000 vehicle orders yet? Last time I checked they were only building and delivering the $50k+ ones.

Also they’re now kinda announcing the Model Y. I think I’m just going to keep any Model Y talk to this thread since it’s kinda just a cash grab right now…

“F35 level circuitry, drives like it’s on rails”

Dual motor on the way:

Humm…

606.2 miles on a single charge… but now it won’t recharge.

If you got your deposit back you weren’t alone…

Anyone here know anyone who actually has a Model 3 yet?

Sounds like Elon is really grasping as straws trying to find blame for his production delays.

Elon Musk has six days to make good on his pledge that Tesla Inc. will be pumping out 5,000 Model 3 sedans a week by the end of the month. If he succeeds, it may be thanks to the curious structure outside the company’s factory. It’s a tent the size of two football fields that Musk calls “pretty sweet” and that manufacturing experts deride as, basically, nuts.