Tesla Model S: 0-60 in 2.5s, 762HP (Now w/ Fart Mode)

^like

Ughh drop 10G off of that price and I will reserve it right now. I love the styling of this car and all electric means that I can just plug it in at my office and never have to pay for fuel. I Just can’t handle the idea of making payments on a 50K car (after Govt. Tax break).

Tesla Model S: $50,000 EV sedan seats seven, 300-mile range, 0-60 in 5.5s

Tesla Model S officially rated at 89 MPGe with 265-mile range. Tesla says the range has been declared to be 265 miles using the EPA’s five-cycle testing procedure, which makes it the long-range mileage champ of the production electric car world. Using the EPA’s older two-cycle testing protocol, the Model S would score more than 300 miles per charge. Still, that range figure only applies to the top-of-the-line version with the 85-kWh battery that starts at $69,900.

I love Teslas

Maybe too little too late on this one, but I still think it’s a job well done. Obviously too pricey for the masses, but it’s certainly still good to see them moving forward and progressing.

In before random hate.

Promised 300 miles for 50k and delivered 265 for 70k.

For the dollar amount they missed their target by alone you could buy a Honda Fit and fuel it for over 2.5 years.

https://youtu.be/QQUoYcFANvg

And that honda fit will look great and be fun to drive, too!!!

I am sure that if they wanted to build a more practically priced car that they could have. I mean, have you seen the MASSIVE touch screen display that controls everything in the car? That shit aint cheap, and they know it. The combined technology AND luxury is what is keeping the price up. They are fully aware that they are not producing economy cars for the masses.

The ONLY thing that you can compare betweeen a honda fit and a Tesla S is the cost per mile to run the powertrain. Aside from that, it’s apples to oranges.

Yes, I realize A Fit and a Tesla S aren’t the same vehicles. I’m just pointing out that missing your target by $20,000 isn’t a small “oops”. But hey, no one seems to care that Tesla has over promised an under delivered time after time so more power to them. Hopefully they don’t under deliver to their investors as well and can finally turn a profit with this car, which might allow the tech to trickle down.

I think part of their goal was to get away from the typical econo-box car to save gas. (See: Tesla Roadster) They’re getting into higher end markets and using electricity as an alternative while still getting pretty good performance.

Dare I say that this is a luxury car?
Tesla Model S (Top model) : ~$70k
BMW 550i (loaded) : ~$85k

Granted the BMW may be ahead of the game in luxury/options, but the point is that it’s comparable in the market it’s after.

They never said the 300 mile version would be 50k… The base model with 150 mile range was 50k

I have not compared them side by side, but is the BMW really a more optioned out/luxurious car? Have you seen the tech in the Tesla?

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Correct, it’s even in the Original Post.

This.

They had some tricky wording, but they never claimed the $50K version would have 300 mile range. They simply said the platform was capable of about 300 mile range, and they would deliver one for 50K. They basically did both, which isnt bad.

It’s honestly a good vehicle irrespective of its power plant. The price isn’t unreasonable. It’s not an ecobox like the Leaf or Volt. It’s something a lot of people would actually like to drive.

I didn’t feel like doing a side by side either, but I would imagine that they are both in the same ballpark. I’m sure the BMW has things the Tesla doesn’t and vice versa.

word, soild comparison though

I think JayS would have a gas powered cell phone if they were available.

Who will have the last laugh when the grid fails this afternoon? Already ordering one of these:

http://www.tailgatorzone.com/

^lol.